Chapter 39: To Be a Diamond

I am so sorry that it took me so long for this to be published. I was busy with other stuff and things in real life. I won't do it again.

Last Flashback Chapter (Probably).

Original Chapter

3rd Person P.O.V.

A new day arises on Homeworld. Pink was in the tower, again. She was being punished for what she did yesterday.

She asked Yellow if she could have a colony. Yellow said, "no" Pink didn't like that. She threw a tantrum and cracked the floor in the Palace and her pearl, too.

Yellow slapped her and tossed her into the tower. The floor in the Palace was being repaired, it was going to take some time. As for her pearl, she was given to White and White gave Pink her pearl.

Pink eventually was let out by Blue, only a few hours early.

(Blue Diamond) Shh! Yellow doesn't know I'm doing this. Just stay in your room and I'll tell her that I let you out when your time is up.

Blue wasn't better than Yellow. While she doesn't punish Pink like Yellow does, she punishes her with her emotional powers, making her feel sad and worthless. Pink was hesitant but she guess being locked in her room was better than the tower.

Pink was in her room, her pearl was waiting for her.

(Pearl) My Diamond, you've returned!

(Pink Diamond) ...

(Pearl) Is everything okay, my Diamond?

(Pink Diamond) Yellow put me in the tower again.

(Pearl) Oh... Was it about a colony again?

(Pink Diamond) Yes... I don't get it. Only a Diamond is allowed to get a colony and Yellow, Blue, and White have countless colonies but I don't have one...

(Pearl) Maybe it's because of your outbursts?

(Pink Diamond) What?

(Pearl) They don't think you deserve one because of your outbursts and the damage you inflicted on the Palace.

(Pink Diamond) Maybe you're right. But I have been patient for decades. Anytime I try to do something different, I get thrown in the tower and left to desolate for days before they let me out.

(Pearl) I know, my Diamond.

(Pink Diamond) (sighs) What am I going to do? If I'm not an common gem, then I should be treated like a Diamond. I am a Diamond, why won't they let me establish a colony?! Maybe then, I'll be better...

She sighs in frustration. Anger boiling up inside, she wanted to scream or hit something but if she did, Yellow will hear and Pink would be found and tossed back into the tower for a week. Why was she treated this way?

Was it because she was the weaker Diamond? Was it because she wanted to be something different than a warlord? She has questions that'll never be answered.

She heard footsteps approaching her door. The door opens and Blue walked in.

(Blue Diamond) Pink, why don't you play with Spinel in the Garden?

(Pink Diamond) Why? Wouldn't Yellow see me?

(Blue Diamond) Yellow is busy with something. I know you don't like being locked up in your room for long.

(Pink Diamond) Okay...

She went to the door.

(Pearl) Farewell, my Diamond!