Chapter 8: Reflective Friends

Mirror Gem but written way differently. Like, 80% different from the original episode.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Pearl was gathering a few things around the house to throw away.

(Steven) What are you doing?

(Pearl) I'm doing what you humans call "Spring cleaning". Theres quite some clutter here.

Steven went through the pile.

(Steven) Mind if I take anything?

(Pearl) No. I wouldn't bother, most of the stuff is either useless or beyond your comprehension.

(Steven) You don't exactly know that.

(Pearl) I said my piece.

Steven went through most of whats in the pile and most of it was useless like she said. Except Steven found a mirror.

(Steven) Strange, why would you even have a hand held mirror?

(Pearl) Thats not a mirror. It's a gem mirror.

(Steven) Whats the difference?

(Pearl) For starters, it wasn't made on this world. Next, it does more than reflect on what you do. It can show you locations and speak to you.

(Steven) How?

(Pearl) They're built like it. Here, let me show you.

She took it from him and spoke to it.

(Pearl) Mirror, show us the Galaxy Warp.

Nothing.

(Pearl) Mirror, show us the Galaxy Warp.

Still no response.

(Pearl) I know you have seen it. Thats where I found you.

She shook the mirror as if it was a person.

(Pearl) Maybe it finally broke. It does look in bad shape.

She gave him the mirror back.

(Pearl) The only use for it now is the same use as any other Earth mirror.

Steven didn't have much use for the mirror but his dad could use it, especially since he loves that hair of his. Steven went outside and turned the mirror around to see that a gem was behind it but cracked.

(Steven) Hmm, I wonder what this mirror was. Seems like it used to be used for something but now its broke.

He took it to Greg's van.

(Steven) Dad? You in there?

(Greg) Right here, Steven.

He turned around to see his father with a hose.

(Greg) I was in a middle of finish washing someones car and thats when I saw you comin'. What are you doing here?

(Steven) I came to see if you wanted this.

He showed him the mirror.

(Greg) Heh. Well, I appreciate the offer but I already have a mirror. Maybe you should hold onto it. You can never find mirrors like those anymore.

(Steven) This mirror wasn't made here. It belonged to the gems but now they don't want it because it's broke.

(Greg) Well, still. You can never know when you could use something like that. Especially for those missions, like if a laser was attacking you, you can use the mirror to deflect 'em away.