Chapter 5: Lion

"Steven's Lion" but wrote differently.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven, Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl were in a desert, looking for a gem. Around the desert, had sand pillars that occasionally broke and went back to just sand. Garnet was observing the environment.

(Garnet) The power in this structure has turned aimless.

(Pearl) It's building columns with no roofs and stairs that go nowhere. This is out of control.

(Amethyst) Then I guess we better-- Whoops!

She leaped over Steven's shoulders and tried landed while rolling but failed when she landed on her bottom.

(Amethyst) ...roll on over there.

(Pearl) That was a bit unnecessary.

(Amethyst) Nan nani ni nun-nani nani!

(Pearl) Excuse me?

(Growling in the distance)

That sound alerted everyone.

(Amethyst) Lets go!

(Garnet) Steven, why don't you stay here so if we get lost, we can find you and get back to the Warp Pad safely?

(Steven) Sure.

(Garnet) See you soon.

They went to search for the noise they heard and possibly look for the gem they came for while investigating. Steven sat down and was left to his thoughts. The heat was intense but it didn't bother him much.

He closed his eyes as he lied down. He wasn't attempting to sleep since its too hot but he was just resting his eyes.

(Creature roars)

Steven's eyes opened as he sat up and looked around for where that noise came from. Steven spotted an animal like silhouette a dozen yards ahead of him. It looked like a lion.

Steven wasn't planning getting eaten by a lion so he got up and quickly moved behind a sand pillar to avoid detection. Unfortunately, the pillar dusted into sand which gave away his position. As if matters weren't bad enough, the lion was right behind him.

He tried to run but he ended up tripping, so he tried crawling away from the carnivore. A sand wall blocked him from going any further, which means he is doomed. The lion was now a couple of feet away.

Steven closed his eyes and braced himself for a painful mauling. Nothing happened. He opened his eyes and saw that the lion was still there but not doing anything.

It yawned before collapsing on the ground. Steven has gotten a closer look of it and discovered that it was a pink lion, not an ordinary one. How is this possible?

Steven knows the types of lions but none of them were pink. He got up and went closer to see if it was friendly. The lion noticed him getting closer to it but did nothing.

Steven pet the lion to see if it liked it, it did. He touched it's mane and it felt so soft, like cotton candy. He also noticed that the lion has a saddle with small sacks hanging off of it.

Theres items inside them but Steven did not want to loot them if someone owned those items.

(Steven) Do you have an owner?

Surprisingly, the lion understood him and shook its head. Steven pet it more to comfort it.

(Steven) It must be impossible since you have a saddle and everything.

The lion made a gesture thats equivalent of a person shrugging their shoulders.

(Steven) The only logical explanation I could think of is that someone just put that stuff on you. Do you mind if I check the bags?