Chapter 2: Laser Light Cannon

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven was relaxing on the roof of the house. He was avoiding the gems, mostly Pearl. He noticed something odd about the sun though, it was red.

It also looked like it was coming to him. It took him a moment to realize that it wasn't the sun. He stood up and noticed Garnet and Pearl were viewing it through a telescope.

He jumped down from the roof and went to ask them what was going on. Amethyst was running to the gems to announce about the sun but Pearl interrupted her.

(Pearl) We saw. What were you doing?

(Amethyst) Eating fry bits.

(Pearl) (Groans in frustration)

(Steven) What is that in the sky?

(Pearl) Its a red eye. And its coming right for us. Ira going to destory all these, oblivious, innocent humans.

(Garnet) The only thing that is strong enough to penetrate that red eye and destory it is a light cannon that belongs to Rose Quartz.

(Pearl) But none of us knows where she put it.

(Steven) I think my Dad would know.

(Pearl) (Scoffs) I highly doubt she would entrust a short-lived, obnoxious, Individual the whereabouts of a powerful weapon. It would make more sense if she told me or Garnet the location of the cannon.

(Steven) Its worth a try.

He walked away to the carwash to find his father's van.

(Pearl) Good luck wasting your time.

Steven sighed. He was mildly irritated by her insults towards him and his father but he keeps his cool and tolerates it. Amethyst nudges Pearl in the arm, getting her attention.

(Amethyst) Yo, I'd tone down the insults if I were you. Don't you remember that one time?

(Pearl) I doubt he would be able to do that again.

(Amethyst) I dunno. He was too fast for you.

(Pearl) He crushed you into an orb.

(Amethyst) Point is, I wouldn't get on his nerves. Unless, you want to get humiliated like last time.

(Pearl) I'm not afraid of him.

(Amethyst) You say that now but wait until you face him alone.

At the carwash

Steven found his father's van. He noticed that his dad wasn't outside so he must be inside the van. He knocked at the back of the van.

(Steven) Dad? Dad! Wake up.

He knocked furthermore.

(Steven) Dad!

Nothing. He then went to the drivers side of the van, opened the door, and honked the horn. His hand remained remained on the horn until Greg wakes up.

(Greg) Whos there? I got a waffle iron!

(Steven) Dad, its me.

(Greg) Steven, I almost waffled your face.

He rubbed his sleepy eyes.

(Greg) Anyways, what are you doing here?

(Steven) Do you know where Rose had her light cannon?

(Greg) Um, I think so. Follow me.

He lead him to looks like a garage.

(Greg) It should be right--