Chapter 24: Bismuth

The first part is a bit of "Steven vs. Amethyst" and of course "Bismuth" But written differently.

Fun Fact: Bismuth's debut is the 24th Episode of Season 3. The reason why I pointed that out is because this is the 24th Chapter of this story and it's about Bismuth. This was an unintentional coincidence.

3rd Person P.O.V.

A few days later after the battle with Jasper, Steven told the others about the intrusion and they've been on high alert since then. Amethyst had reformed shortly after Steven took her gemstone out of his pocket. Her appearance was almost the same only this time she has a white shirt.

Amethyst hasn't been herself since she has been reformed as she was trying to be more serious and not humorous like before. Steven immediately noticed her sudden changed demeanor but hasn't talked to her in case she doesn't want to talk about it. Eventually, he talked to her about it.

He told her that she can't let what Jasper said mess with her because Jasper was trying to belittle her so she can be seen as "The Perfect Cut". He told her about Jasper's humiliation of being defeated by a human was the reason why she even said those things in the first place. Amethyst did feel better from that since Jasper isn't as perfect as she thought she was.

Today, Steven was reading a book. Lion tried getting his attention and it worked.

(Steven) What is it?

Since Lion couldn't talk, he moved his head, asking Steven to follow him in sign language. Steven put the book down and followed Lion. Lion allowed Steven to get on top of him so he can teleport to a location.

Lion took Steven to an unfamiliar place and Steven was looking at his surroundings. There was a podium with a hand highlight on it. Steven tried activating it but it didn't work, it must be a gem thing.

Lion put his paw on it and it glowed, it activated.

(Steven) How can you do that?

If Lion could speak, he would say, "Plot" (This was a joke). But since he can't, he shrugged. Weapons and armor were materializing around them, this must be some sort of a loadout for gems during the war.

What caught Steven's attention was a bubble. What was a bubble doing here? Shouldn't it be in the Temple? Steven grabbed it and was going to take it to the Temple but it popped. This was not good.

Steven braced himself for some monster to appear and try to kill him but not this time. A gem formed and it looked more humanish than monstrous. She freaked out the moment she was fully formed.

It looked like she was trying to defend herself from something or someone. She spotted Steven and they both were staring at each other. Now that she's standing still, Steven got a good look at her.

She's big, similar to Garnet's height, rainbow hair, tattoos of stars, some sort of a black apron, and her gem was on her chest and it matched her hair color.

(Bismuth) Who are you? Where am I?

(Steven) I was just about to ask you the same.

(Bismuth) You're not Rose.

(Steven) Rose? As in Rose Quartz?

(Bismuth) You know her? Where is she?

(Steven) She's gone, she left.

(Bismuth) Oh, is that so?

(Steven) Yes. Who are you?

(Bismuth) My name is Bismuth. What's yours?

(Steven) Steven.

(Bismuth) Okay, Steven, if you know Rose Quartz, you should know Garnet and Pearl, right?