Chapter 33: New Enemies

"Little Homeschool" & "Blue Bird" but written differently.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven was going through the forest. He heard some loud thuds and it was causing a disturbance. He saw a cave and some boulders next to it. There's only one gem who is capable of doing that.

(Steven) Jasper.

He saw the brute on top of her cave.

(Jasper) Ugh! What do you want?

(Steven) I came here to ask you to stop with the noise.

She jumps down.

(Jasper) Why? Is it bothering you?

(Steven) No. It's bothering everyone else. What are the rocks for?

(Jasper) Training.

(Steven) Figures. It suits an oaf like you.

She rolled her eyes.

(Steven) Why are you training? There's no one left to fight.

(Jasper) There's always someone to fight. There's just no one left worth fighting.

(Steven) Wow, you fight for pride. Surprising.

He said with sarcasm.

(Jasper) You're not even worth fighting anymore.

(Steven) Is it because you know you can't win or because you can't find any excuses for last time?

Her eyes widened and she got angry.

(Jasper) Listen, runt--

(Steven) Jasper, you shouldn't talk to yourself like that.

(Jasper) Shut up! You may have defeated the Diamonds and persuaded them to be on your side, but I refuse to be on the same side as you!

(Steven) Jasper, you think I would let you on my side?

(Jasper) Isn't that what you do to gems you fight? Force them to be on your side?

(Steven) I give them the option to be on my side. Unlike you, I actually respect the gems I fight unless they're like you. Those gems deserved a second chance.

(Jasper) And I deserve something more than freedom.

(Steven) You deserve to be locked up for your crimes.

(Jasper) What crimes?

(Steven) During Era-2, you've committed felonies. Unwarranted fusion, imprisoning defective gems, ignoring your orders from your Diamond, and assault. You're lucky Era-3 pardons you. And for the record, I had the option to lock you away forever.

(Jasper) Why didn't you?

(Steven) I was giving you a second chance.

(Jasper) Should've known you were weak.

(Steven) It's not weakness, doofus. It's called compassion, something you clearly never heard of.

He went to walk away but he heard her chuckling.

(Steven) What's funny?

(Jasper) We're the same.

(Steven) Yeah, and Pink Diamond is a saint.

(Jasper) We are the same. You just don't know it yet.

(Steven) I do know that we're not the same. But I didn't know you were delusional.

(Jasper) Really? Why don't you name a few things that makes us different.

(Steven) One: I don't fight for sport. Two: I save others. Three: I don't shatter. Four: I believe in redemption. And Five: I'm smarter than you.