Chapter 12: Foreign Mechs

"Marble Madness" but written differently.

3rd Person P.O.V.

(Connie) Here.

She hands him a book.

(Steven) What is this?

(Connie) It's my favorite series. It's about this girl named Lisa. And she's a witch. I mean, she doesn't know she's a witch at first. And she has a familiar, which is sort of like this spirit companion that everyone in the world has, and hers is a talking falcom name Archimicarus. Anyways, she goes on this quest to find her father after he's kidnapped hy a mysterious one-eyed man.

(Steven) This book sounds interesting. I'll read it when I have the time.

(Connie) I'm sure you'll like it.

Something crashed into the ocean.

(Connie) Whoa...

The gems heard the rumble from inside and immediately went outside.

(Steven) Its one of those robonoids but this one is much larger than the other ones.

(Connie) What?

It started marching towards them but Garnet hopped in front of it to halt it.

(Garnet) Amethyst! Pearl!

They both started falling from the sky and landed on the robonoids to create a critical hit and destroyed it. Goo was everywhere.

(Steven) You alright?

(Connie) I love hanging out at your place...

Steven wiped the goo off of him.

(Pearl) We never seen one this big before.

(Amethyst) Or this gooey.

(Pearl) Amethyst, we need to be careful. We don't know what this stuff is.

(Amethyst) (snickering)

(Pearl) Oh, no. Don't you dare get that stuff on me!

(Amethyst) Goop hug!

She started chasing Pearl.

(Amethyst) C'mere, Pearl!

(Pearl) No, go away!

(Amethyst) I want a hug!

(Connie) Peridot, is that the gem you told me about?

(Steven) Yes. From what we know, she tried to rebuild the Galaxy Warp Pad so Homeworld can use it to get to Earth.

(Connie) Thats bad, right?

(Steven) The gems are terrified of them returning, so I guess that is bad. Hopefully, they never get here.

(Pearl) AHH, AMETHYST, LET GO OF ME!

Steven walked towards Garnet, inspecting the broken device.

(Steven) What do you think it was trying to do?

(Garnet) We destroyed it, thats all that matters.

(Steven) Is there anything we can salvage? We could use some of the technology.

(Garnet) The technology that these robonoids have are not useful for us. Even if it was, theres nothing we could salvage from this one.

(Amethyst) Goop hug!

Amethyst jumped to Garnet. Pearl walked by and Garnet pulled her into the goop hug. Amethyst gave Steven a look as if she plans on giving him a goop hug.