Explanation

Note: You don't have to read the story from chapter to chapter. You can read the entire story without ads. Just go to Chapter Selection (the tab where you can pick what Chapter to read) and pick the one that says "1 Year Anniversary." If you wish to read the story from chapter to chapter, then ignore this note.

Warning: This part, alone, contains major spoilers to the Steven Universe series, mostly about Future. If you have not finished it, I recommend not reading this unless you don't care. This series belongs to Rebecca Sugar.

So, before this AU begins, I'll tell you what its about so you can determine whether you like it or not. If you did not read the description of this story, I will tell you. In this story, Steven is 100% human not 50% human and 50% gem.

I know that there are certian points in the plot for the main series that only Steven as a half gem can do but I have to make them into something reasonable for this plot. Two things I will point out is one: Warp Pads still need gems to activate it, regardless to who else is on them. Two: Fusion between Gems and Humans are not possible. The series proved that with Greg and Rose.

So, what else is part this AU is that Steven is sorta the opposite of what he is in Steven Universe (Notice that I didn't say Future with that). Steven starts off 16 in this AU (Just for those who were curious). Anyone remember what "Diamond Steven" looked like?

 Anyone remember what "Diamond Steven" looked like?

This is what I mean by Diamond Steven. He will look like this but minus the hair, he will keep his orginal hairstyle, and he will be shrunk to his orginal size in Future. That doesn't mean he loses any strength, though. He won't be as strong as Diamond Steven but still pretty strong in general.

Another thing about this Steven is that he is extremely intelligent, as well as a proficient fighter, and finally a expert acrobatic (Meaning he can do very cool flips and evade easily). His appearance is somewhat reader choice, meaning you can imagine what he looks like. The things that will appear on Steven is: Ropes on his arms (for protection in combat), No flip flops, a white/black cloak, and any color star shirt (He can wear red, blue, black, etc types of colored shirts as long as they have a star on them. Can also be t-shirt or long sleeved shirt).

Any other changes in this story is: The Crystal Gems tone to Steven (Because they view humans as animals, which I find offensive). The Diamonds height (For the sake of this plot, I decided to make them as tall as like Jasper or Garnet). No singing (I would like to avoid Copyright issues and/or triggering anyone if I miss up on a song). Steven's point of view on Love (Sorta explained why when I said this Steven is opposite to the orginal Steven). Character shortage (Some characters won't make an appearance in this AU so apologies in advance for that). Steven is adopted by Greg (So basically Greg isn't his biological father). Nerfing Characters (Not saying this is true but if I possibly nerfed any characters, I apologize) Fusion Shortage (Any fusions that involved Steven are considered to be dead in this story because Steven is full human). Diamond powers work on Humans (The Diamonds powers can also work on humans). Gem problems don't affect humans (Destabilization, Rejuvenation, and Corruption has no effect on humans).

Thats pretty much it. I probably missed a few. Anyways, one thing I'm explaining next is ships. Just before you comment saying, "That ship is not canon" just know that this is an AU for a reason, not everything has to be accurate to the orginal series. Just note that these ships can possibly occur in this AU for some of them.

Garnet (Ruby x Sapphire)
Lapidot (Peridot x Lapis)
Pearl x Bismuth (Couldn't find a name for them)
Bluebird (Eyeball x Aquamarine) (even though I hate them)
Pearl x Pink Diamond/Rose Quartz.

Notice how Steven isn't in any of these. First reason is because, like I said before, this Steven doesn't have a positive opinion on Love. Second, is because, I don't want any comments saying "Oh my god! Thats pedophilia!" Just because I don't ship Steven with Connie. Just know that gems don't age like humans so please stop using such a disturbing term for something you don't like.

Thats overall what the story is about. It will start off similar to how the orginal series starts. Where it starts with Steven living with the gems and the story progresses as it occasionally shows flashbacks. Hopefully you like how the this story is and I will see you in the first Chapter.