× one ×

The Omega

×××

Taehyung's lips were adorned with a gentle smile as his gaze wandered up to the building towering over him. The shadow of the reliefs gave a dark contrast to the lighted walls, giving the place a kind of dominant impression. Yet Taehyung couldn't think of it any differently than the sweet guardian of his childhood memories. He could see his younger self playing hide and seek and sliding down the railing with other kids. These were all beautiful moments in Taehyung's mind that made his return so endearing.

Nearly eight years had passed since he left the Jeon pack and Taehyung couldn't help but start wondering what might have happened to his friends. Back then, he had to leave so suddenly that he couldn't even say goodbye to them.

Being a trueblood had its perks but Taehyung has only faced the disadvantages so far. He was forced away from his pack and friends and was sent to learn how to control his unbelievable powers. 

For a boy who didn't have a family, being dragged out of his usual comfort zone and put into a whole new environment was harder than anything. Taehyung didn't know his parents. He was adopted and raised by the Jeon pack. The other werewolves became his family and he has never wished for anything more than that. He looked at the Head Alpha as his own father. 

Returning was not a question for him. Most truebloods became a hermit or founded their own pack after turning 20. They stood at the top of the hierarchy, disobedient to anyone and anything.

Taehyung was different. He did not bow to the Jeon pack out of instinct, but out of sheer loyalty. They were his family. He wouldn't leave them for anything.

He had no leadership ambitions and did not like to be alone. Being here was his only option.

As he put his foot in the richly decorated hall, the first thing he noticed was emptiness. In the old days, this place was full of wolves. Puppies played around gracefully while the adults gathered here for meetings. 

Now, however, he couldn't see a single soul.

Although the blood-red carpet has faded over the years, it still had an elegant effect. The purplish wallpaper had been replaced, now conjuring the walls in beige. The only thing that remained unchanged was the huge stone staircase opposite the entrance, with two carved wolves on its sides. The statues symbolized the all-time Luna and Head Alpha. They stood guard at the entrance, protecting their own.

The statues gave Taehyung a feeling of home. He smiled at the wolves, attempting to go upstairs and look for the Head Alpha when a sweet smell filled his nostrils. He took several small sniffs before finally registering to himself that he was really sensing an omega nearby. Which was weird because if Taehyung has learned anything from the Jeon pack is that they did not tolerate omegas. None of them were members of the pack, which raised the question of why Taehyung could smell one. 

Following the sweet, seductive scent, his feet led him to the dining room. Only when his hand was over the doorknob did he hear the muffled sounds that filtered out from the other side of the door. Taehyung, careful not to make any noise, opened one of the doors and looked into the room through the narrow gap.

The dining room was dressed in elegant golden and red colors just like the lobby. The circular tables were pushed to the edge of the room, werewolves filling up the empty space in the middle. It looked like the whole pack had gathered here.

Everyone was turning in the direction of the stage. Taehyung, to gain a better insight into what was going on, slipped into the room and turned to the stage as well. Behind the microphone stood their one and only Head Alpha in his full glory. Right behind him, Taehyung discovered their Luna in a tight black dress. Two other men stood behind them as well, but Taehyung failed to recognize them as he was busy trying to smell the mysterious omega.