× seven ×

Fated mates

×××

"I'm screwed," Taehyung laid his head down on the table with a deep sigh. It was his well-deserved day-off and he was currently sitting in the common room with Jimin and Yoongi.

From the background, other wolves' delightful chatter and laughter filtered into his ears as they all played foosball or ping pong. There were also those who voted for dart, while others just sank in a beanbag and chattered about what had happened during the week. Taehyung was just one around them. He sat with the couple around the coffee table that Jimin covered with different types of napkins.

The beta was too busy choosing which napkin to use for his wedding to actually pay attention but Yoongi was already fed up with the selection so he turned to him and asked.

"Why?" He randomly pointed to a serviette to which Jimin immediately shook his head. The older sighed and tried not to roll his eyes.

Taehyung lifted his head up from the table only to send a miserable look towards Yoongi before putting his face back down. "Because I fell in love with Jungkook."

His voice came out a little muffled as his cheek was pressed against the table's hard wooden surface but Jimin and Yoongi still managed to understand him. Jimin jerked his head away from his precious napkins and looked and Taehyung while Yoongi just sat there, his eyes as big as golf balls.

Taehyung didn't dare to look at his friends' reaction, but he slowly raised his head up after he didn't receive any. Yoongi was still speechless but Jimin was mad enough for the both of them. If eyes could kill, Taehyung would have been long dead after meeting with Jimin's furious gaze.

"No, you did not," Jimin demanded as if an intimidating tone would change Taehyung's feelings.

But Taehyung was already too deep into it. "Yes, I did."

"No, you didn't!"

"Yes, I did!"

"No, you-"

"Yes, I did, Jimin," Taehyung sighed out of frustration and buried his fingers into his curly locks. It's not like he was happy with this outcome but he no longer saw a reason to deny his feelings. After their little video game marathon, Taehyung was quite sure that his feelings for Jungkook were neither platonic nor innocent. And they were definitely not friendly.

After the omega didn't return to their room as agreed, Taehyung debated with himself all night whether to go after him or not. He stayed eventually, but spent the whole night wide awake, rolling in his bed as he couldn't stop worrying about Jungkook.

He knew Jungkook could take care of himself and if he showed up at their door it would only make the situation worse, but that hadn't helped him sleep more peacefully. He has never been this stressed out in his whole life.

"Then fall out of love," Jimin offered as a simple solution, and Taehyung facepalmed.

"Wow, thanks, Chim. How did I not think of that?" Taehyung's voice was dripping in sarcasm but Jimin only grimaced at him before turning his full body towards the trueblood. He had a serious expression on so Taehyung knew he was about to get scolded. Well, he deserved it.

"This is wrong in so many ways, Tae. Jungkook is engaged. He will break your heart," Jimin tried to a reason with him.

"Yeah, and Jungkook's an asshole," Yoongi added but shut up at once he received a slap on his tights from Jimin. He rubbed the spot where the beta hit him with a pained face. "I mean... you deserve better."