× fourteen ×

The truth

×××

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Taehyung debated whether to open the door or not. He didn't know who might have been on the other side but if the Jeon pack came to ask questions (knowing the relationship between Taehyung and Bang Sihyuk), he didn't want to open it.

And it was quite probable that it was Jeon pack as his master had no friends who would just casually come over for an afternoon tea.

"Tae," Jungkook meowled silently, clutching onto Taehyung's shirt. He looked so endearing with his round eyes all widened and his tiny fists gripping the trueblood's clothes for a sense of comfort. If they were in any other situation, Taehyung would have cooed at his cuteness. But at the moment, he was distracted by the fear that those three simple knocks brought.

He looked around the place, searching for some kind of weapon he could use when a voice coming from outside spoke up. "Open the goddamned door, damn it! We know you're inside." 

It was muffled but Taehyung could still easily identify it. Glancing at Jungkook, who let go of his sleeve and stumbled back, he knew the omega recognized it too.

He ran to the door and ripped it open.

Three anguished boys stood on the porch, with random leaves in their tangled hairs, dark circles under their eyes, ripped clothes hanging from their wounded bodies, and mud covering them all over.

Taehyung just stared at them for a couple of seconds, before gathering his thoughts to finally stutter out something. "Jimin... Yoongi... and- "

"Hobi!" Jungkook pushed him aside and basically threw himself on the exhausted alpha. Hoseok was fast to catch the younger, hugging him tightly. His lips pulled into a small smile as he stroked Jungkook's golden hair out of his shining doe eyes.

Taehyung ignored the sharp pang in his heart and turned to the other two instead.

"What are you doing here?" He didn't mean to sound offensive but he really didn't know why they were here. Did the Jeon pack send them to take Taehyung and Jungkook back with them?

"After you left we grabbed Hoseok and came right after you," Jimin said. "We are here in peace, don't worry. We don't have a pack anymore."

Taehyung had to admit they really looked weaker and sicker than they did a couple of hours ago. Their faces fell and they no longer had that confident strength surrounding them. They looked like rogues, as they were.

He stepped aside and motioned them to get inside. He knew his master wouldn't be happy to have so many guests over but he decided to deal with that grumpy hermit later. He herded everyone inside the small cottage, grimacing when he saw Jungkook pulling Hoseok down to sit next to him on the couch. The omega cuddled up to him and smiled contently. It annoyed Taehyung.

"How did you found us?" he turned to Jimin and Yoongi because they weren't irritating.

 "Your dumbass forgot to hide your traces," Yoongi snapped with a blank face. He settled himself next to the window, leaning his back against the wall as he kept glancing outside, probably looking for unpleasant guests. "We could easily follow you through the whole forest. You and Jungkook have some strong scents, you know. You should have been more careful."

Taehyung gulped. He didn't think of that.

"But we took care of that," Jimin said in a calm voice. Then, he looked at the couple snuggling on the sofa. "We figured we can't leave Hoseok there. Not in that state. It was chaos. The Head Alpha passed out and the Luna was raging. She locked up everyone who had anything to do with you."