× ten ×

Adulthood

×××

Taehyung's face was tightly pressed against his pillow as he laid on his stomach. He was so tired and  also confused about who or what to believe. Everyone gave off mixed signs and the trueblood had no idea what to think anymore. 

But right now, he just wanted to have a long sleep. 

Unfortunately, Beomgyu had other plans. His roommate flung one of his pillows against the back of the trueblood with full force, gaining a laud groan from Taehyung. The older looked up to send a death glare to the younger boy before burying his face back into his fluffy pillow. 

"Leave me alone, Beomgyu," he muttered but he was barely understandable as his voice was muffled by the cushion.

Beomgyu either didn't understand or didn't care what he said because he came closer and pulled the alpha off his bed, dragging him by his arm. Taehyung's limp body fell onto the wooden floor, making the boy hiss in pain.

"Come on! It's your birthday!" Beomgyu tried to cheer him up but this little piece of information just made him even more upset. 

Today was the big day. Everything would turn out today and Taehyung didn't feel ready for the truth. He preferred to ignore his problems and wait until they solve themselves. 

He just didn't know what to do. His whole world collapsed after Jungkook's words, and it was not easy to rebuild it. Somewhere deep in his heart he was still hoping the omega was wrong or lying to him. 

Unfortunately, Head Alpha's cold behavior didn't support this theory.

Earlier in the day, the man called him into his office and they arranged an appointment to take the oath. He was very rigid and only spoke when it was necessary. He managed to finish his speech in less then five minutes and after they agreed on tomorrow, he sent Taehyung away. 

That was it. He will be a full member of the pack tomorrow by noon. 

But as for today, he was supposed to enjoy the last seconds of his carefree youth. The problem was that Taehyung hadn't felt carefree for a long time by now. 

"I just want to dive into deep self-pity. Let me be!" He tried to climb back to his bed but the beta stopped him by back hugging him.

"No! It's your 20th birthday. You will come down with me and you will enjoy the party because this is what you are supposed to do. Jimin worked his ass off to arrange this amazing party for you so the least you could do is attend!"

Taehyung sighed. He did feel sorry for Jimin because he knew that the boy, indeed, put a lot of energy into his birthday party. But he still didn't feel the vibe.

"Pull yourself together. Jungkook will be there too!" Beomgyu certainly intended this to be a kind of inveiglement, but for Taehyung, it was more of a deterrence. 

He jerked his head up and looked at the boy, absolutely terrified. "Jungkook? Why?"

He really didn't understand. Just like him, probably Jungkook was also well-aware of the fact they weren't supposed to meet. At all. And Taehyung did his best to avoid him in the past month. Why did he have to show up today?

Beomgyu rolled his eyes. "Because he is your future Luna and he needs to congratulate you? Haven't you been to any coming-of-age parties before? The Head Alpha and the Luna always attend to give you their blessings."

As a matter of fact, Taehyung really hasn't been in any of those parties. He was young when he was sent away and living with Bang Sihyuk meant no social interactions for eight years.