× four ×

Welcome back

×××

Taehyung desperately longed for a hot bath and a good sleep after waving goodbye to Hoseok and tiredly dragging himself back into the main building. Patroling was actually more exhausting than Taehyung initially thought. Although they did not run into any enemies, a stray cat once brought fright to him. 

The animal tripped over an aluminum box and Taehyung thought he was being ambushed. Hoseok was mocking him for the rest of the day saying that despite being a trueblood, he was the worst wolf he had ever met for being frightened by a harmless kitten. Among other things, that was also a reason why Taehyung felt so incredibly tired. 

He hoped he wouldn't find Beomgyu in their room because he knew the boy wouldn't shut up. Taehyung didn't feel the strength to deal with him now. He just wanted to sleep.

Well, until he was seduced by a familiar scent. The second floor basically drenched with Jungkook's pheromones, completely narcotizing Taehyung. The trueblood didn't even think where he was going, his feet took over the control of his mind, just like when he first encountered this alluring scent. Just like then, his destination now was Jungkook again.

He found the omega in a small pink room. As he approached closer, he had to realize that Jungkook was not alone. A well-known female voice jerked Taehyung out of his trance. It would have been hard not to hear it as the woman was yelling at Jungkook.

"Congratulation, you just broke its neck!" The woman, whose voice Taehyung recognized as their Luna, said sarcastically. 

Getting worried about who or what they might have killed, Taehyung moved closer to the door and peeked inside. It was certainly a playroom judging by the various toys that laid around on the floor. 

In the middle, Jungkook and Luna stood facing each other. Taehyung couldn't see the woman's face because she was standing with her back to him, but from her voice and posture, he could tell she was furious. Jungkook, on the other hand, looked like he didn't give a fuck to this World. His gaze looked as bored as Yoongi's on an average Friday afternoon. 

The boy sloppily held a doll in his hands, not bothered by the fact that the doll's head hung from his arm at a weird angle. He just stood there and listened to the woman's ranting.

"Can't you do anything right?!" The Luna shook her head and Jungkook let out a huge sigh. He looked down at the doll, then back to the woman in front of him. 

"I don't get why I need to know this," he finally said, and Taehyung was actually surprised how deep his voice was. Somehow, it didn't match with his angelic face at all.

"Your heat is coming soon," was all the woman said but it was enough for Jungkook to understand the underlying message. His face darkened in a millisecond as he tossed the doll to the floor in anger. Though Taehyung knew it was just a toy, he flinched in fear when the doll met the hard floor with a dull thud.

"So you want Hobi to knock me up?!" Jungkook's voice roared like a clap of thunder throughout the small room, and Taehyung suddenly felt terribly uncomfortable eavesdropping. Yet he didn't move afoot as if his legs grew roots. 

He was simply unable to take his eyes off Jungkook. The image of a fragile innocent omega he had in his mind seemed to slowly collapse as he watched the scene unfolding before his eyes. Jungkook was currently fuming with rage, it was clear on his face though he did nothing but looked up at the Luna with threatening eyes. 

Jungkook was the only one who could do that. Everyone else would have been dead a long time ago if they dared to raise their voices against the woman. However, Jungkook was in an exceptional position. He was protected by his blood.