× twelve ×

Escape

×××

Taehyung didn't know what to do. When Hoseok finally regained consciousness, he started chanting how sorry he was. Taehyung couldn't be downright angry with him after that. He would still gladly punch him, but Taehyung knew better than anyone else what mistakes alphas could make when it came to their omegas. He also often lost his head if it was about Jungkook; the same was true for Hoseok. This, of course, did not change the fact that he bit Jungkook and practically sent the younger to his death.

"I'm so sorry," the alpha sobbed as he gripped Taehyung's shirt as if his life depended on it. "I had no idea you're fated. Jungkook didn't tell me."

With his brown eyes soaked in tears, Hoseok cried out another bitter sob. "I wouldn't- He only told me that you're running away and... And I could smell you on him so I got angry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I didn't think."

He shut his eyes closed, shaking his head. "I didn't want to, I swear."

Taehyung believed him. No matter how angry he was at the moment, he saw how Hoseok looked at Jungkook. He really loved the younger. He was sure Hoseok didn't wish for the death of the omega. 

Hoseok was just another alpha who lost control of his instincts. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Even though he didn't forgive him fully, he let go of the other. He had more important businesses and Hoseok's pathetic self wasn't worth the time.

He wanted to speak with the Head Alpha about Jungkook because he was nowhere near to de done, but he was surprised to note that the man had left the room in the meantime. Taehyung was too busy with Hoseok to notice the alpha had sneaked out. 

Not knowing what to do, he decided to go back to the infirmary and check how Junkook was doing. He was already in physical pain because he was away from the omega for so long.

One unpleasant surprise followed the other because when he entered the room, he only found Seokjin and Namjoon sitting there. Jungkook was nowhere. He stopped at the doorstep, fear taking over his whole body of the idea that Jungkook might have not made it through Jin's treatment.

His eyes were focused on the two betas, sitting across each other with a grief expression plated on both of their faces. 

"Where's Jungkook?" he urged in a faint voice but it was enough to gain Jin's and Namjoon's attention. "Did he-"

"He's fine," Jin assured him with a weak smile. "As for now. He woke up and went to look for Hoseok."

It only took a small pang in Taehyung's chest to get the boy completely shattered. Why was he running after Hoseok when he had Taehyung? Why did he want someone who was responsible for his state when Taehyung was the one who saved him? Why didn't he want Taehyung? Why wasn't Taehyung good enough? Why was Taehyung the only one who was tortured by this destined bond?

Seokjin saw how his face fell and he approached him with a tight-lipped smile on his face. He placed his hand on the boy's shoulder in a comforting manner. "You should find him."

"Why would I?" The trueblood scoffed, clearly offended that Jungkook ran after Hoseok instead of him. He was jealous. 

Jin let out a heavy sigh as he glanced at Namjoon over his shoulder, silently asking for some help. The other understood and came closer as well. "Because he won't survive at this state."

"I tried my best but I'm no God," Jin added, shaking his head. "The only thing that could heal him would be your mark."

"What?" Taehyung asked, afraid he heard it wrong. He repeated Jin's words inside his head several times but it still didn't make sense. Jungkook was dying from a bite, why would another one make him heal?