× five ×

Yoongi's tale

×××

Taehyung was unable to get the young omega out of his head. Day and night, he was thinking about him and how disappointed he sounded when he told Taehyung he belonged here. 

Even though Taehyung wanted to belong here, he couldn't help but feel disappointed with himself too. As if belonging to the pack was really something bad. 

Jungkook had way too much influence on him and Taehyung had no idea why. It was annoying. He knew he wanted to be here but at the same time, he also wanted to run away with Jungkook. Which was obviously not possible. Jungkook was already someone else's. Taehyung shouldn't think about the younger that way. But it was nearly impossible to get him out of his head when Taehyung could smell Jungkook almost everywhere in the packhouse.

The only place that didn't reek ofJungkook's pheromones was the alphas' gym. It quickly became a habit of Taehyung to come here when the omega's smell became too overwhelming for him. 

"You're here again," Yoongi remarked when he saw Taehyung lazily jogging on the treadmill. Sweat flowed down on his toned muscles like waterfalls. He had been here for more than two hours and if he hadn't dreaded Jungkook's seductive scent he would have gone back to his room to rest a long time ago. He was tired, but he wanted to keep his mind clear. And he couldn't if Jungkook constantly repeated the same things over and over again in his head. 

You belong here.

"You come a lot lately." Taehyung saw from the corner of his eye that Yoongi stood on the treadmill next to his and started to walk slowly. The older kept his gaze on the display but he was still talking to Taehyung. "You were here yesterday too. You should take it a bit easier, you'll hurt yourself otherwise."

Taehyung was a little surprised by Yoongi's concern but decided not to ruin the moment by commenting on it. He also reduced his speed to walking pace and glanced at the other alpha. "This is the only place where I don't feel like I'm losing my mind."

Yoongi pushed some random buttons on the display before turning his face towards Taehyung. "Losing your mind? Why?"

Yoongi was an alpha too so Taehyung thought he had the same troubles with Jungkook. He assumed that Yoongi was also suffering from the omega's scent but the other obviously had no idea what Taehyung was talking about.

"Jungkook," Taehyung said but it still didn't click anything in Yoongi's head. "His scent drives me crazy. I can smell him even in my own room. Don't you smell him too?"

There was still a week until Yoongi's wedding, which meant that he was still an unmated alpha just like Taehyung. He should have felt the same way. But Yoongi shook his head.

"I do smell him when he's nearby but I don't think his scent is so powerful to control me. Maybe you're just more sensitive because you're a trueblood."

Taehyung hummed at that. "Maybe. But I still don't know what to do against it. It makes me want to go to him."

Recently, Taehyung has roamed around the building aimlessly, trying to detect the owner of the scent. He went to the playroom several times, but Jungkook was never there. He always stayed in his room. 

He didn't leave it for days, which made it really difficult for Taehyung to apologize. His instincts told him to beg Jungkook for forgiveness. And even though Taehyung still thought he did nothing wrong, he was ready to do that. It just felt like he had to. He was restless knowing the omega was angry at him. 

So the other day, he gathered his courage and knocked on the door of Jungkook's room.

The only thing he didn't expect was that Jungkook wasn't the only one who lived there. After knocking, the door was opened by Hoseok. The alpha blinked at Taehyung in surprise, who stared back at him with a similar blow on his face. They were both shocked, though it made sense for Jungkook and Hoseok to move together after their engagement. But somehow Taehyung didn't think of that.