× nine ×

River of doubts

×××

A pair of sharp eyes ripped into Taehyung the moment he put his foot out the door. The boy completely froze down at the sight of the Head Alpha's stiff gaze. 

For a second, he thought the man had come for him and this time he would really break his neck for daring to talk to Jungkook at Jimin's wedding, but then the man just walked past him without paying any special attention to him. Just like lately. 

Ever since the man threatened him, he has been punished with silent treatment. Normally, it would have been hurtful but since Jungkook got into his head, he couldn't stop his legs trembling from fear every time he ran into the alpha.

He didn't want to believe the omega but his words kept repeating themselves in his ears.

If my dad wants to kill you, he will kill you.

And he couldn't deny that the man did make a couple hint on murdering him.

Luckily, Jungkook made things easier because he hasn't met the omega since Jimin's and Yoongi's wedding. Jungkook locked himself in his room and Taehyung didn't even hear rumors about the boy. As if he completely disappeared into thin air. 

A small part of Taehyung was glad, it was easier for him to stay away if Jungkook wasn't even reachable, but he was also worried about the omega.

Unfortunately, the absence didn't stop the Head Alpha from giving Taehyung piercing looks every time they ran into each. Which has happened more often in the last few weeks. As if the man was following him.

Taehyung felt himself under constant observation. If not the Head Alpha then the Luna or Hoseok were within measurable distance, judgingly glaring at him. It was suffocating.

Taehyung was fundamentally a good boy, he didn't like to get into trouble. At least not into something that could cost him his life.

He unconsciously moved behind Beomgyu, searching for some kind of shelter in the beta's small body. Beomgyu was shorter than him by almost a head, of course, he didn't provide any hiding places, but luckily it wasn't needed. The Head Alpha passed them without any particular remarks.

"Dude," the beta frowned, looking up at Taehyung over his shoulder. When the Head Alpha disappeared at the end of the corridor, Taehyung let out huge sigh, freeing the air he kept in his lungs.

Beomgyu eyed him, weirded out. His roommate was acting strange lately. "What's wrong with you?"

Taehyung didn't respond immediately. His eyes were glued to the spot where the leader had vanished like he was waiting for him to return. But he didn't and as soon as Taehyung made sure of that, he turned back to his roommate.

"Nothing," he put on his best act to appear nonchalant and shrugged his shoulders in the process. 

It didn't matter how good actor Taehyung thought he was, Beomgyu wasn't wet behind the ears. The boy narrowed his eyes into a strait line, looking skeptical. And he was skeptical. 

Taehyung behaved very strangely. Recently, he picked up the habit of checking whether their window and door were closed before going to bed — though they never locked their door for sleeping in the past. When he was about to turn at a corner, he looked around minimum two times and every time Beomgyu suddenly spoke up or made any rapid movement, he flinched like a startled little mouse. 

Taehyung was paranoid and although the trueblood didn't talk about it, Beomgyu wasn't born yesterday. He knew very well what was wrong with Taehyung, because like the other members of the pack, he was also dying for rumors. He knew everything.