× thirteen ×

Bang Sihyuk

×××

Taehyung didn't think this through.

He didn't think that dragging an unconscious Jungkook through the whole pack house and then the woods would be so hard. But Taehyung hadn't slept a wink in the last 12 hours nor he had been near food during this time. His body slowly started to give up.

He was trying his best to give the omega a piggy-back ride but Jungkook kept falling down, and at some point, Taehyung collapsed to the ground along with the younger.

They both landed on their backs, dry leaves crackling loudly under their bodies. Taehyung panted wearily, trying to regain his original breathing and not faint like Jungkook. 

He stared at the gray sky, bald branches of the towering trees cutting scenery into various shapes. Snow clouds gathered above them, Taehyung didn't want to be out when it would fell. 

He wondered if they were going to die here. Would they freeze or starve to death? Would they even get to that point? The most likely scenario was still that the Jeon pack would find them.

It was already surprising enough that they had managed to reach the forest. Thankfully, the Head Alpha's murder attempt diverted the attention of those few wolves who were in the hall, so it was easier for Taehyung to sneak out through the basement without any notice. 

In addition to the main entrance, plenty of doors led outside. Taehyung knew the place well enough to be apprised of which one was used the least, especially in such an early hour. 

All the way to the tiny exit next to the laundry room, they ran into no one. They were able to escape surprisingly easily.

He wouldn't have guessed that the difficult part was still ahead of them. But exhaustion eventually found his body too. 

He moved his head to the side and took in Jungkook's features. A relieved sigh slipped through his chapped lips as he saw the younger's chest was still heaving and falling in a steady state. 

Jin and Namjoon were right. Although Jungkook fainted from his bite, he definitely looked better. The nasty green lines disappeared from his skin and his face took on a healthier color. Taehyung could only hope that he would be able to take him to a safe place before his condition could worsen again. His bite still gaped like an open wound on his neck, in need of treatment.

"Just five more minutes," he told himself. Just five more minutes and they would go further. He just needed five more minutes to rest.

He moved his hand a little bit closer to his mate, his fingertips lightly brushing against the omega's velvety skin. 

He hadn't had time to think about it until now, but he was surprised to note that he hadn't experienced anything special since the bite. He thought that after marking, there would be some magical link between him and Jungkook. That they will get closer to each other. However, looking at the boy next to him, he just felt more distant than ever. 

Taehyung didn't understand anything. Why did Jungkook want to bring Hoseok with them? Why did the Head Alpha want to kill him? Why didn't Jungkook try to find him after he woke up in the infirmary?

All the answers laid in the young boy. Jungkook hinted more than once that Taehyung knew nothing. After all of this, Taehyung couldn't agree more. He really knew nothing.

But Jungkook did. Probably he was the only one who knew what was going on.

Still keeping his gaze on the curve of his cute button nose, Taehyung sighed again. He wanted to know everything too.