× six ×

Friends

×××

Taehyung once again found the omega without even trying. It must have been his superpower because he didn't even want to meet him. He wasn't even even thinking about him. But he still found himself in the Luna's garden after he tiredly left the gym. 

Just like every other time, Taehyung didn't remember how he got there. By the time he noticed where he was, the omega was already sitting in front of him wrapped in a white puffy coat. His blonde hair was hidden under a knitted hat, shadowing almost half of his face as well. He wore loose jeans and brown boots to match with the chilly weather.

In the cold November air, his breath left his pink lips in the form of tiny clouds, dissolving before his eyes after a few seconds. 

He sat in the middle of the garden, on a single bench, all alone. His gaze was fixated on something other than his surroundings. Taehyung could fully understand why the younger had no interest in the garden. There wasn't much to look at now.

The Luna's garden was beautiful in warmer months. Then, it was dressed in exotic flowers in thousands of shades, representing every colors of the rainbow. In the middle, a giant marble-carved fountain charmed the garden into fiery shine, providing a kind of elegant effect to the place. Their Luna has always been a very sophisticated woman and her garden was just another proof of that.  It was one of the most beautiful spots of the whole estate. 

But not in winter. In winter, the fountain was wrapped into a black tarpaulin, inducing a mournful feeling in every by passers. All the plants have withered, being only gray shadows of their previous selves. Instead of raspberry and strawberry bushes, neglected stakes stood out of the ground, standing up aimlessly in the air. The garden had an abandoned, slightly spooky sentiment at this time of the year.

Jungkook wasn't bothered by the lack of life in the garden. Instead, he was looking down at his lap. He was holding a doll in his hands, the same material doll that he had practiced on before. Back then, Jungkook angrily slammed the toy to the ground, but now he held it in his arms with such tenderness that Taehyung started to doubt whether it was really just a toy.

Well, it wasn't. And Taehyung knew that very well.

Taehyung knew what the doll represented. And he also had a good hint as to why Jungkook was holding it so lovingly in his hands right now. 

Jungkook's pheromones were weaker, which meant that the omega's heat was over. The first heat he spent with his future husband.

Taehyung lingered his eyes on the boy maybe a little bit longer than it was necessary, debating with himself whether to go over to him and finally apologize or to follow Yoongi's advice and never get involved with him again. There were so many reasons why to turn around and go back to his room. For one, Hoseok hated him already, he didn't need to worsen the situation. And it wasn't even worth it, Jungkook didn't seem to be interested in him at all.

Jungkook wanted to be with Hoseok.

Taehyung should have stayed out of their business and should have left them live their life peacefully. It was just a silly crush he developed on the younger. At least that was what he was trying to convince himself with.

But while his mind was rational telling him not to go close to him, Taehyung still listened to his heart and sat down on the bench next to Jungkook. 

Stupid, Taehyung.

The trueblood wasn't sure whether omega had noticed him or not because Jungkook didn't acknowledge his presence. He didn't raise his head nor said anything.