× twenty-two ×

Seoul

×××

Taehyung hissed at the pain shooting through his spine as he tried to adjust his posture to a more comfortable one. He almost forgot that he had been injured yesterday.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked, looking sorry, while Yoongi chuckled into his fist across them.

They were on the train heading to Seoul. Taehyung, Jungkook, Yoongi and Taehyun. Jungkook insisted that they go in a small group so as not to make the northerners feel threatened. And Taehyung insisted that Yoongi should come too, so that there would be someone to look after Jungkook if something happened to him.  

"Taehyun should come too." A sentence was said that many people besides Taehyung didn't understand until Jungkook explained it. "He's the only one who knows Seoul."

So they brought the young beta with them as a living map, although he didn't seem too pleased with the task. The poor kid looked stressed since the announcement, not even Beomgyu's encouraging hug helped him when they said goodbye.

"Don't worry, I'll look after him," Taehyung whispered into Beomgyu's ears before leaving. The other just blushed and pushed the trueblood away.

Taehyung laughed at Beomgyu's flustered state but deep inside he understood the boy completely. He was also worried because of how adamant Jungkook was about coming with him to Seoul. 

After the meeting with the Bae pack, Taehyung tried to reason with Jungkook in private, but it was all in vain. The omega even showed off his fighting skills - hence the bruise on Taehyung's back. As it turned out, Jungkook secretly took self-defense lessons from Yoongi and according to the alpha, the boy was very talented. Although Taehyung did not attack Jungkook with full force, he was still surprised that the omega sent him to the ground with a single kick.

After such an ugly defeat, he really didn't have any usable argument left as to why Jungkook shouldn't tag along with them. So the four of them finally boarded the train, much to Taehyung's chagrin.

"I'm fine," he forced a smile on his face, then kicked Yoongi's shin to shut him up. The trueblood was already irritated, he didn't need Yoongi's mocking.

He looked out the window, capturing the scenery running in front of his eyes. Taehyung didn't sleep much the night before, dark clouds of worries about a losing war kept his dreams away. And of course, the fact that they were about to enter the territory of another, most likely much stronger trueblood uninvited while Jungkook was also with them. Taehyung was afraid that instead of gaining a new ally, their list of their enemies would grow by one.

"Do you also happen to know this pack, Taehyun?" Jungkook asked the omega, who barely had dared to even blink next to Yoongi. He was sitting quietly in his seat, trying to shrink himself as small as possible.

Called by his Luna, he looked up from his lap and said in a small voice. "Um... kind of. They are the reason why my previous pack fell apart."

"Oh..." Jungkook grimaced. He probably felt just as uncomfortable as Taehyung. Imagine being in Taehyun's place, being forced to return to his old city and meet the pack that destroyed his family. Taehyung felt he was too cruel to him.

"B-But it's okay!" Taehyun hurried to say. "My pack asked for it. We weren't respectful towards them. My old Head Alpha didn't take Jennie seriously, he thought she was way too young to lead a pack. We repeatedly violated her borders, and then she finally snapped. I-I mean... I'm sad, but seeing it from her perspective, I can also understand."

Kim Jennie, Taehyung thought. She sounded like a savage leader. Definitely not someone he could handle. The rest of the ride was spent in silence and as Taehyung kept staring out the window, his eyelids slowly became heavy. He finally managed to drift off the dreamland and those fleeting hours passed rather quickly. By the time he woke up, they were already in Seoul.