× twenty-three ×

Peace and safe

×××

After Lisa, Jungkook, Yoongi, and a handful of guards left the room, Taehyung and Taehyun were also led to another building. The trueblood guessed it was a meeting room since there was nothing else except for a long table. Jennie immediately took a seat, next to her sat the female alpha who had accompanied them since the train station. Taehyung and Taehyun just stood by the table. Taehyung was way too nervous to sit still and the young beta probably didn't dare to if his Head Alpha was standing.

"Can you please calm down? Even I get stressed by you," Jennie frowned at Taehyung and at the same time motioned for Taehyun to take a seat.

The beta glanced at his Head Alpha, silently asking him whether he was allowed to sit but Taehyung was busy glaring at Jennie.

"How would you feel if a group of strangers took your Luna away from you?" he spat.

But Jennie looked unbothered. "I wouldn't care. Lisa can take care of herself. I trust her."

At this point, it wasn't a matter of trust for Taehyung. He also trusted Jungkook and Yoongi, but he still felt uneasy. There were a number of things that could go wrong and Taehyung's mind was unable to neglect them. 

Jennie was willing to watch Taehyung restlessly pacing around the room for a few more minutes, but then she snapped. She kicked out one of the chairs from under the table. It landed directly in front of Taehyung.

"Just sit down already! Food is on its way."

"I'm not hungry," Taehyung said grumpily, but he took a seat nonetheless, thinking that maybe he shouldn't annoy Jennie even further. They were both truebloods but Jennie looked more capable of her duties than Taehyung.

"We have the most qualified doctors in Korea. Jungkook is in good hands. And honestly, if we wanted to hurt you, we would have done it a long time ago. So chill!"

She had a point. Hospitable wouldn't have been the word Taehyung used to describe Jennie's behavior, but they didn't touch them. If they really wanted to hurt them, they could have done it already. They had a million chances.

"Why are you so nice suddenly?"

The girl looked up from picking on her nails and blinked at the boy in surprise. "Was I rude before? I apologize if I was. I don't handle intruders very well." She gave them a pointed look. "Lisa seems to like your Luna very much. I also don't intend to start another war. If my behavior came across as rude, I'm sorry. I'd just like to protect what's mine."

Taehyung nodded. He could understand that better than anyone. "Me too. That's why we need your help."

The girl leaned forward. She elbowed on the table and looked at Taehyung with a stern look. She didn't look like someone who wanted to threaten him, she reminded Taehyung of his childhood teachers. Jennie looked like she wanted to teach him a lesson.

"Look, Taehyung. A war always - and hear this from someone who fought for years - ALWAYS comes with sacrifices. You are the Head Alpha, which means your Luna will only become more of a target for your enemies. And your father-in-law-"

"Don't call him that!" Taehyung roared, feeling nauseous at the thought that his enemy was actually a family member. 

Jennie rolled her eyes at him but corrected herself nonetheless. "And Jeon wanted to get Jungkook back even before he got pregnant."

Crap! How did Taehyung not think of this before? The only reason Jeon kept Jungkook alive until now was because he needed an heir. And Taehyung just gave it to him.