Chapter 50

Jin and I are picking up groceries right now. He's pushing the cart while I grabbed everything that was on his list. 

"Seokjin-ah, buy one take one" I held up two laundry detergents. "I think they do promos every Saturdays" 

"Why do you think I chose to go grocery shopping today?" He replied while looking at spices which were also at the same promo. "New stocks come in during Saturdays, so they do promos to sell the products off before the new stuff come in" 

"Cool" I said as I placed the detergents inside our cart. We went to the next isle, which is the frozen food isle. 

"Oh, I forgot to grab some dog food for Kirby" Jin said "Pick what you want, I'll be right back" 

I nodded before I left the cart for a bit to grab mango ice cream that came in a solo pack. As I closed the fridge, a girl went up to me, eyes wide. 

"Junghee!" She said "Remember me from senior year?" 

"Oh! Seohyun. Long time no see" I smiled before giving her a hug. "How are you?"

"I'm doing great! I noticed you're pregnant, for how long??" She replied, looking at my baby bump.

"I'm at my third trimester now" I said 

"I guess he's the father?" She said as she looked behind me and smiled 

"I got it" Jin said before placing Kirby's food inside the cart. He looked up at me then at Seohyun.

"Isn't he your doctor? I remember him fetching you from school" She said "Hi, I'm Seohyun. Junghee's classmate from senior year. You're doctor Kim right? My mom always visits your clinic to get her check up"

"Is that right? Thank you for trusting me" Jin said 

"I never knew you guys were a thing" She chuckled "Congratulations though! Are you guys having a baby girl? Or a baby boy?"

"A baby girl" I replied "So what course did you take, Seohyun?" 

"I'm on business management course. I'm guessing you took Psychology?"

"Yeah, yeah I did" I smiled "But I have to stop studying for a while to take care of the baby"

"Are you planning to pursue being a psychologist?" She asked "You mentioned it before, right? You're going to attend medical school?"

I nodded just before a guy came up to her. "Seohyun, let's go" He looked at me and Jin, then back to me. "You're Junghee, right?" 

I nodded again "and you're that guy from the next section. You guys were also dating back then, glad to see you're still together" 

"Yeah" She smiled "I guess we gotta go now. See you around Junghee! You too Dr. Kim" 

"Let's go too" I said before he pushed the cart towards the other isle, picking up fruits and vegetables.

"You love pineapples, right Junghee?" He said as he picked three whole unpeeled pineapples.

"Yeah...I bet they taste good with peanut butter"

"With what?"

"With peanut butter...It sounds good right now..."

"I guess...?" He replied, with a weirded out look on his face "We got peanut butter at home, you should try it later" 

"I certainly will" I said "Do you think we should visit our parent next week? Let's have a-" my sentence was interrupted by the ringing of Jin's phone. 

"Speaking of the devil" Jin laughed "My mom's calling" 

"Did you just call your mom a dev- nevermind..." 

"Yup. She wanted to throw you a baby shower...So I said no. Then she insisted on having a family dinner instead. I'm sure a family dinner's alright for you?"

"Ofcourse!" I smiled "When?"

"Wednesday next week" He replied 

"Oh yeah...I forgot I won't be going to school starting next week. I wonder what I'm gonna do at home until the baby's born" 

"You should exercise, eat properly, rest well and of course...Pay attention to your one and only lovely husband, Dr. Kim Seokjin"

I rolled my eyes and laughed "I knew you were gonna say that" 

"You know me so well"

"After being married to you for a while, I can even identify the sound of your footsteps" I said, placing tangerines inside the cart. 

--------

"Jin? What should we get first?" I asked as we were both looking at all the baby stuff inside the department store. It was obvious how we were both excited and overwhelmed at the same time while observing everything that's in front of us.

"Oh uhm" He hummed as he picked up a baby bottle "a bottle maybe? 

"Uhm sure...Let's go with that" I replied "Should we...Call mom and ask her about the essentials?" 

"Yeah great idea" He replied before I took my phone out and called mom. 

"mom? Hi...We're in a department store right now and we're getting some baby stuff. What should we get first?"

"You called at the right time, I was just taking a break from work" She said "you should get a crib first. Next are clothes and make sure to get some bigger ones too just so it can fit the baby when she's a bit older"

"Jin, we need a crib, some clothes...-"

"Oh hunny, I can just send you a list of items you should get. There are a lot, to be honest with you. Check your messenger right now, I just sent a baby checklist"

I did what she said and looked at the list she sent me. She was right, there are a lot to get. By a lot I mean A LOT. Jin's eyebrows raised as I showed him the things we should get, which I chuckled to.

"These are a lot. Jin and I are surprised" I laughed "Anyways, thanks mom. This helped a lot"

"No worries Junghee, go buy the stuff right now. Just give me a call if you need something, okay?"

"Alright mom, thank you. love you"

"Love you too hunny. Take care! Bye!"

And with that, our call ended.

"Alright..." I said as I placed my phone back in my purse "Let's start with the crib then"

It took us HOURS to finish but we got all the things we needed and had to get a cart to carry them back to the car. As for the crib, it'll get delivered tomorrow, together with a few more furniture that we bought.It was tiring but we felt accomplished after spending a lot of time on deciding which ones to pick.

After all the shopping today, we ended up sleeping earlier than usual.