Chapter 57

"Mom, that's a lot of baby clothes..." I said as I looked inside all of the paper bags she brought.

"Actually, your dads picked some of those" Mrs. Kim replied "I told them it would be too much, but they insisted on getting a lot"

"Your dads couldn't sleep. They were looking forward to this day" Mom said before Jin and I looked at each other and chuckled. 

When I finally got Hyejin from her bedroom, our parents' eyes were instantly glistening just from seeing their grand daughter. Jin's dad held his arms out as I gently placed our baby in his arms. 

"I-...She's beautiful" He said before looking up at us, then to his in-laws, then back at us, then back at Hyejin. He then, passed her to my dad who was gently wiping his tears of joy. 

"Who knew my baby girl, would have a baby girl?" He chuckled and brushed his finger through Hyejin's thin hair. "It's been a while since I've held a baby, and now that I finally held one after a long time..." 

I grinned and looked up at Jin "I've never seen him cry like that" 

We continued the day and had lunch with the family. Dad didn't want to let go of Hyejin but the moms wanted to hold her too. They were so excited since this is their first time meeting their children's child. 

"The clothes would look so good on her" Jin's dad said "I just know we picked the cutest ones" 

"Excuse me, what?" Mom said.

Laughter and stories filled up the room as the day went by. At the middle of eating, Hyejin suddenly cried. Jin noticed that her diaper was full, so he went to change it but then she still wouldn't stop. It just means that she's hungry too. I had to breastfeed her while everyone was telling away their stories. 

Mom was looking at me, smiling softly. "You're really a mother now, Junghee" she said. "You're doing a great job, hunny" 

"Thank you mom, I wouldn't do it without your guys' help" I turned to look at Mrs. Kim who was chopping up some apples that they brought. 

After hours of spending time with them, it was finally time to say goodbye. As they were by the front door, mom gave me a tight hug and kissed my cheek. "Give me a call if you need help with something, okay?"

I nodded and smiled in response.

"Mom will always be here when you need me. I love you, Junghee. Take care of your self, alright?"

"Yes mom, I will. Thank you!" I replied before she parted from the hug "I love you mom, thank you for everything" 

"You're always welcome" She smiled "Well, we should get going now before the rain pours"

"Take care! Please visit more often" Jin told them as he hugged his parents goodbye. 

"Bye moms and dads! You guys can come by any time" I said before they all went to their cars to finally go home. 

"Let's go clean up" I told Jin "I'll do the dishes" 

"Alright, I'll dry them" Jin said as we both went to the kitchen. 

"Seokjin-ah, can you get some dish soap please?" I asked him before I jumped in surprise as he screamed so loud that I got scared about the noise waking Hyejin up.

"Seokjin what-"

"No way. That's a cockroach right there!!!!" Jin said as he squirmed and jumped behind me "Kill it"

"Wha-? Seokjin-" 

"KILL IT HURRY" He exclaimed, gripping on my shoulders like he's holding for dear life. 

I scrunched up my nose and winced as his voice rang my eardrums, I grabbed the broom from his hands, inched a bit closer to where he saw the cockroach and waited for it to move as I used the broom to poke it. 

"Jin! Stop gripping on my shoulders too hard. I'm going to hit you with the broom instead" 

"Sorry but JUST KILL IT. SMACK IT. STEP ON IT I DON'T KNOW. DO IT RIGHT NOW"

"BUT IT'S DEAD" I replied in the same tone as him. 

He went silent and sighed. "oh" he awkwardly chuckles and flipped his hair away from his forehead. "Welp, we just have to throw it out then. I'll take care of it. Nothing like the great Seokjin can take care of a dead roach" 

He took the broom from my hands and grinned before he started sweeping it towards a dust pan. I shook my head and laughed at his reaction before. 

As I continued on doing the dishes, Seokjin...Dr. Kim Seokjin screamed again. Instead of tending to Mr. Seok screaming Jin, I just resumed on what I was doing. 

"YAH IT MOVED. YAH! JUNGHEE WHAT THE ACTUAL- AHHHHHHHHHHH"

Legend says that Seokjin is still screaming to this day because the dead cockroach isn't actually dead.