Chapter 54

I woke up, sore and feeling tired in an unfamiliar room. I looked around and saw Seokjin sitting beside my bed. 

I sat up and hissed as I felt pain in my lower back. 

"Junghee...Hey" Jin said as he smiled softly. "How are you feeling?"

"Sore and crusty..." I replied and placed a hand on my tummy. I paused as I didn't feel a bump on my stomach. "Where's..." 

"Seokjin-ah...Hyejin...Where's our baby???" 

The flashback of what happened a few hours ago popped up in my head. The incident at the kitchen, me giving birth in the emergency room...And...Not hearing our baby cry when she got out.

Tears started to form in my eyes as I held on to Jin's hand. "Is she...Is our baby..."

"Our Hyejin?She cried right after you passed out but she needs to be incubated for atleast 24 hours to 2 days since she's still premature. But if our Hyejin doesn't have any problems with her health, we can go home immediately"

I sighed in relief and felt tears run down my cheeks. "Seokjin-ah...I'm sorry"

"Junghee, What are you sorry for?" He asked as he wiped my tears "No one wanted this okay? It's not your fault. You've been taking care of her so well and you're gonna be the best mom ever. Don't blame yourself, alright?"

I nodded as he hugged me. "The important thing is both of you are alright"

"I guess our baby's too excited to see us" He laughed "What do you want to eat? I know hospital food isn't the best thing, so what do you want me to get?"

"uhm...I packed some necessities at home, can you get them while you're out please?" I said 

"Oh the bags are right there" He said as he pointed towards another chair by the corner "We left the stove on at home too..I turned it off when I came back, good thing the house didn't burn down"

I chuckled "In that case, can you get me fried chicken? I'm really hungry..." I said 

"Ofcourse you are, you did great giving birth to our Hyejin" He kissed my forehead "As a reward, do you want me to get mango ice cream too?"

I smiled "Yes please Jinnie. Thank you!"

-----------------------------------------------

I closed my laptop and leaned back on the bedframe as my online classes were already done. I set it aside and decided to look out the window to look at the view. There was not much to see other than the busy streets and tall buildings outside. 

Jin's currently taking care of his patients. He said he'd come by during his breaks to check on me and if our baby's out of the INCU yet.

As I was looking outside, my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and realized Amy was calling me. 

"Hi Amy" I said "What's up?"

"What do you mean 'What's up'. How are you?! Are you alright? Is everything okay? How about the baby?"

"we're both fine Amy. However, Hyejin's still incubated since she's premature" I replied "How's things at school?"

She sighed "Tiring as usual. I wanna be pregnant too so I have an excuse to only take online classes" 

"Yah, you don't want that unless you're ready" I laughed "I swear it's hard"

"Ah, our professor's here. Text me when the baby's there alright? We'll visit as soon as possible"

"Alright Amy. Say hi to the others for me. I miss you guys" 

"Ofcourse. Take care!"

As I placed my phone down on the bedside table, I heard a knock on the door. I figured it would be Jin so I expected him to come inside. 

But to my surprise, my doctor came in and was followed by a nurse, pushing a tiny crib. 

"Hi, Junghee" My doctor smiled. I looked inside the crib and almost cried as I saw our baby. She picked the baby up and transferred it to my arms. 

Her cheeks were rosy pink and lips as plump as Jin's. Her eyes were like mine, and the others features, I still can't compare to Jin and I's since she's too young for it to be noticeable. 

"She's perfectly healthy" She said "But you should still bring her in for a check up after three weeks for us to make sure she has no complications whatsoever" 

"What will be the baby's name, Mrs. Kim?" The nurse asked 

I looked down on my baby and smiled "Hyejin...Kim Hyejin" then, she started moving her hands towards her face, squishing up her cheeks. 

"I bet she's very hungry, it's best if you breastfeed her" My doctor said. I nodded and covered my side with a towel and lifted my shirt up to breastfeed my baby. It's my first time breastfeeding her since I've always used a pump to pull out some milk that she can drink while she was incubated.  

Breastfeeding feels...Weird, but at the same time, I feel like a real mother now.

"Alrighty, when Dr. Kim comes tell him that you can be discharged and to help you with your things. Congratulations on your first born Mrs. Kim" She said "oh and tell Dr. Kim I said congrats" 

And with that, they were both out of the room. I'm alone with our baby now , it feels so good to hold her. After all of the back pains, weird cravings, and sleepless nights, here we are now. 

"Your daddy's gonna be so excited to finally hold you, Hyejin" I said as I ran my fingers through her thin layers of hair. 

A few minutes later, she was already asleep. I removed the towel that's been covering her and brushed my finger against her cheek. It's so soft. 

I smiled and kissed her forehead "I love you, Hyejin. I swear I'll be the best mom. I'll take care of you" 

I heard a knock at the door, before it opened. "Junghee-ah, I got you some-"