Chapter 6

Milyn POV

It's the weekend and I got my car back, so i'm too excited. Today Mell and I are going to the basketball court at the park. He's been antsy about it lately and I find it adorable and so cute.

"Do you even know how to play mom ?" He laughed.

"Why yes I do." I said. I passed him the ball and watched as he dribbled around me and made a shot.

"Oh ?! We got a show off ?"

He shrugged and passed me the ball. I attempted to shoot a three pointer, keyword attempt.

"It's okay, i'll teach you." He smiled.

-------

Mell and i were on this court for about three hours now. I didn't even know we were out this long until Montrell texted me.

"Now that's just traveling." Mell said.

"What ?"
"You're just holding the ball and running around."
"Hungry ?" I asked him.
"Yeah, I really feel like ice cream."
"Then ice cream it is." I smiled.
I walked over to get my phone and I noticed I had some text messages and a few notifications from Twitter an Instagram. I texted Montrell back first and didn't bother to look through my notifications,
I locked my phone and slipped it in my gym shorts. For a second I thought I didn't have pockets from the way it just sank there. I turned around to see some grown ass man talking to Mell.

"Who the fuck are-

Before I could finish my sentence, I saw that it was Tyler. I froze and stared at him. He had on a white tank top and some basketball shorts wearing jordans. I noticed how he grew a little facial hair on his face. Wait, he just caught me checking him out. Why am I checking him out?

"Umm, sorry." I mummbled, barely audible.
"Mom can you believe it ?! It's Tyler !", he exclaimed.
It was an awkward silence as I kept my eyes on the ground. I didn't want to look at him.
"Mom and I are going out to get ice cream, want to come ?" Mell asked.
Say no. Say no.
"I don't think your mom would like that Mell."
No, no I wouldn't.
"Why wouldn't you like it ?" He asked me.
Thanks Tyler.
"I thought you said you wanted just us to-
"But Tyler is here and we didn't see him in a long time. Please Mom." He said.
I looked down at his brown eyes and saw that he really wanted Tyler to come with us.
"Fine." I said.
"Yes." He smiled.

-----------

"So how old are you Mell ?" Tyler asked.
"Eight." Mell started licking the chocolate ice cream from the cone, "How come you didn't come to any of my parties ?" He asked.
Tyler and I shared the same glance, "I'm feeling kind of tired." I said.
"We should wrap up early. Don't want your mom sleeping behind the wheel and slobbering." Tyler said.
"She slobbers in her sleep." Mell laughed.
"Does she still snore like a monster ?" Tyler asked, chuckling a little.
"Yeah, a loud monster too."
They both started laughing, "I do not snore." I said.
"Yes you do mom." Mell said in between his laughs.
"No she's right Mell." Tyler said, making Mell look at him confused, "she snores like a big monster."
Mell's laugh caused me to join into their laughter.

We started to talk about Mell's behavior at school and Tyler gave him good advice about it. It felt good to know that Mell was having a good time. Tyler was making him laugh the entire time. I'm just glad he had a good day so far.

He was now sleeping in the car as I was dropping Tyler off back at the park to where his car is. It was an awkward silence in the car.

"Thanks for showing him a good time." I said.
I could feel him glance at me, "Welcome."
I turned the corner and parked next to his car, "He grew up fast." He said, turning around to look at Mell.
I laughed a little to myself, "Yeah, he sure did."
The silence took over again, "I guess i'll see you whenever." He said
I nodded and looked down at my lap.
"The kiss-
"Didn't mean anything Tyler." I interrupted,
He kissed his teeth, "Couldn't tell."
"I could care less about whether you could tell or not. I know what I was clearly feeling."
He stared at me like I was crazy, "Why are you playing all these fucking games ?"
I scrunched up my face, "Games? What games am I playing ? I'm sorry that you got the wrong message but that kiss didn't mean shit to me." I spat.
"Why are you so damn stubborn ?", he laughed.
"What ever Tyler." I fanned him off, "You think you know every fucking thing but you don't. If you knew everything then you would know how bad that shit hurt for me to see you with that damn girl. You would've known that lying to me was the dumbest shit to do ! But you still-

I was cut off by him smashing his lips on mine. It took me by surprise and I was shocked to see him do this. Feeling his lips was a bittersweet feeling but the guilt came rushing back to me again. I quickly pulled away, "Bye Tyler." I said, not looking at him but out the window.

After a few seconds of silence I finally heard my car door close and a tear streamed down my face.