Chapter 15

Milyn POV 

I texted Montrell to meet me at the park so we could talk. I know this is going to lead to n argument so I mentally prepared myself. I feel kind of nervous though. Making a decision not just for me but by Mell is something that I just have to do. 

A few minutes later I saw Montrell park his car and walked up to me. Both hands in his pocket, he took them out and sat on the hood of my car with me.

The howling of the wind was the only thing you could hear. I didn't know how to bring up the topic. My nerves have gotten to me. The awkward silence started to grew strong until he broke it.

"So wassup ? I know you didn't text me to come all the out here so we could stare at the ground."

I rubbed my hands on the sides of my jeans, "Um, i'm just going to clearly say it.", I let out a sigh, "We need to break up Montrell."

I looked up at him and he stared back with confusion, "Why ?"

"Because it's just not working out. You're not a bad guy or anything but i'm just not the right girl for you. I wasn't ready to be in a relationship with you."

"So it's three years going down the drain ? I knew I should've leave your ass alone. Wasting my time and shit."

"Don't do that Montrell ! You know what place I was when you wanted to be with me ! You knew I was still on Tyler !"

He laughed a little, "So this has to do with Tyler ?"

"It's not all about Tyler !",I said abruptly.

"So who is it all about ?!", he yelled.

"It's about Mell too, you dumb ass !"

"What does Mell have to do with this ?"

"He doesn't like you Montrell !", I blurted.

His face softened and I immediately felt bad.

"I'm sorry Montrell. It's just that-

"Save it. I don't want to hear any more of this shit."

He hopped off my hood and I did too. I grabbed his arm and he turned around, "I'm sorry Montrell. I didn't-

"Didn't what ? Didn't mean to cheat to find out how you really feeling ?"

"How- How did you know ?"

"Kids can't really keep secrets Milyn."

I began to play with my hair, "You don't have to be sorry.", he said.

I looked up at him, "You were right.. I should've known that your mind wasn't in the right place for a new relationship. I should've left you alone in the beginning."

"You're wrong on that part. You taught me that there still is love after a heartache. You're the one who actually healed my heart and i'm sorry for wasting these three years with you. But I didn't really see them as a waste."

He surprised me by a hug. A tight hug that made me hug him back.

"I'm 'gon miss you Milyn.", he mumbled onto my hair.

"I'm going to miss you too."

He let me go and stared at me before walking to his car with both hands in his pockets.

I let out a sigh, got inside my car and closed the door before starting the engine.