Chapter 14

Cheyenne POV 

I parked the car in the driveway and killed the engine before getting out the car. I used me key to unlock the door an I walked inside. Chris is probably still upset with me but I don't really hold grudges. I sat down on the living room couch and pulled out my phone to call my father to check on Josiah.

I was on the phone with my father and Josiah was now on the line.

"Are you having fun ?"

"Yes, grandpa took me fishing !", he said with much enthusiasm.

"Aw,  that's good. Did you catch a big or small fish ?"

"Two small, one big."

"Did you guys take pictures ?"

"Mhm. Wait mommy, I have to pee."

I heard my dad chuckle in the background as he got the phone back.

"He's quite a character.", he laughed.

"He is."

The front door opened and in come a pissed off Chris.

"Daddy, i'll call you back."

"Okay."

I hung up and looked up at Chris. He stared at me and I was started to feel uncomfortable and agitated, "Stop staring at me."

"You took my car anyways when I told you not to."

"It's a car Chris and I was just-

"Just what ?", he snapped.

"I was going to apologize to you but you don't deserve anyways."

He scrunched up his face, "I don't deserve it ?"

I stood up to walk upstairs with Chris right behind me, "Your rude ass slammed the door while I was 'tryna fucking to talk to-."

"Are you done ?"

"Don't start that smart-

"What ever Chris, I don't really care for the conversation right now."

I opened the room door and he was still talking. I rolled my eyes, "You're a rude bitch.", he said.

"Excuse me ?"

"You're a rude bitch.", he said nonchalantly, "You cut me off and have selective hearing when I call you out your name. I don't know what got into you but-

"Please go get out of my space and leave me-

He pushed me onto the wall, holding both my arms, "Quit cutting me off !", he yelled in my face.

I turned my head, "Let go of me Chris.", I gritted.

"Nah shut the fuck up. You wanna cut niggas off and shit so you gonna listen to what the hell I got to-

"Let me go !", I yelled.

I kept trying to claw his wrist with my nails but that only made things worse by him tightening the grip on my arms.

He laughed, "Quit trying baby girl."

"Christopher i'm not kidding. You're hurting me !", I cried.

He stared at me with this look that I was trying to read but I just couldn't. He was always good at hiding his emotions and I hated it.

He let me go and shook his head grabbing his keys off the dresser. He walked downstairs and I stared at my now bruised arms. I heard glass shattered and I quickly walked to the stairs. I saw the door slam and I looked over to see the glass table in pieces. Glass shards were scattered on the floor and I sighed while walking downstairs to get the broom.

Date's canceled.