Chapter Thirty Three

Milyn POV

"Where are we going this time Milyn ?"

She slipped on her shoes and looked up at me with her warmest smile and innocent eyes.

"Um, we're going to the police department."

She looked at me alarmed, "Why ?", she asked, "Am I in trouble ?"

I quickly shook my head no and bent down to her level, "You're going to be going away for some time."

She shook her head, "No, you promised."

"I know Jasmine and i'm sorry. I'm going to stick to my promise. We're going to see each other again."

Her head hung low, "I'm going back with my father ?"

"No and i'm going to make sure of that."

"Can I tell Mell goodbye ?"

Mell POV

I peeked my head around the corner seeing my mom and Jasmine talking.

I like having Jasmine over here. It's been more fun. We talk about everything and she doesn't play dolls like Shai. She likes to play video games with me. Sometimes Tyler tells me he doesn't have time but when Jasmine's here, we have all the time in the world.

I peeked my head more to listen what they were saying.

I heard Jasmine's voice, "I'm going back with my father ?"

My fists clenched. I hate Jasmine's father. She told me that he hits her and hurts her but when I told her I ask her if I could help she starts to talk about something else. She told me it was our secret and she doesn't want to talk about it anymore. But when I see her arms I still feel mad.

"Can I tell Mell goodbye ?"

I ran back in my room and dived on my bed. I put my pillow on my face.

"Zarmell ?"

I pretended to sleep.

"I know you're up. I saw you peeping around."

I heard her giggling and I couldn't hold my laughter in. We both started laughing at each other.

When we finally stopped she sat on my bed next to me. I started feeling sad because she has to leave.

"I'm going to come back.", she said, "And we're going to play so many games-"

"How do you know that ?"