The Avengers pt.1

I was training in the boxing gym with Rogers when he punched his bag off of the chain. " You okay Rogers?" I asked stopping my jump rope. He looked over at me as he put a bag up on the hook. " yeah. I'm fine." He said as he continued hitting the bag. " Trouble sleeping?" A voice said from the door. I turned. It was Fury. " We slept for 70 years, sir. I think we've had our fill" I said picking up a towel and wiping off my sweat. " Then you should be out, celebrating, seeing the world." He said as he walked toward Steve. I followed behind him. " Axel has done some exploring... When we went under, the world was at war" Steve said as he starting unwrapping his hands. " On the contrary Sir... I just wanted a cup of tea." I said taking off my gloves. " When we woke up..." Steve said glancing at me. I continued for him. " They said we won the war... They didn't say what we lost" I said standing next to Fury with my hands behind my back. He looked at me. " We've made some mistakes along the way. Some, very recently." He said handing me a folder. I opened it. Steve looked at me. " You here with a mission sir?" Steve asked. I examined the papers. " I am." Fury said. I flipped through the papers as they continued talking. It seemed... someone stole something. " Trying to get us back in the world?" Steve asked. " Trying to save it," I said as I recognized a picture. " Tesseract?" I said handing the folder to Steve. " Hydra's secret weapon," Steve said. I looked at Fury. " Howard stark fished that out of the ocean when he was looking for you two. He thought what we think. The Tesseract could be the key to unlimited sustainable energy... That's something the world sorely needs." He said. Steve closed the folder and handed it to Steve. " You need the energy to power your weapons to start more wars Sir... I've heard it before," I said with a sigh and sat down next to Steve. " Who took it?" Steve said ignoring me. " He's known as Loki. He's... not from around here. There's a lot we'll have to bring you up to speed on if you're in. The world has gotten even stranger than you already know." Fury said with a sigh. " At this point, I don't there is anything that would surprise us," Steve said. I held back a chuckle. " Ten bucks says you're wrong," Fury said." I'm in," I said standing up. " If it's benefiting the world I now live in... I'm all for it" I said looking at Steve. He looked up at me. " there's debriefing packets at each of your apartments... Is there anything we should know about the tesseract?" Fury asked as Steve got up and grabbed one of his punching bags. " You should left it in the ocean" Steve and I said at the same time.

When I arrived at my apartment I could tell imminently that someone had been in my apartment. Whoever did it clearly wasn't very good at their job. There were some papers and folders on my counter. I set down my bag and grabbed the papers. I sighed. I put the papers down and walked into my bedroom. There was a big glass window on the right on my queen-sized bed. I laid down on the bed. I looked out of the window. There was a big tall building. Unlike all the other buildings it was... Dark. I sat up in my bed. This building stood out due to the large sign that said 'Stark' on the side of it. Why was it dark. I always wanted to go into a building like that. Maybe no one was home. I smiled to myself and stood up. " Time to do some real exploring," I said as I reached for my jacket on the dresser when I saw a photo of my parents. Well, actually it was a painting. They demolished my house when I was under the sea... The original photo I used as a reference was somewhere in the pile of demolished items in the corner of my room. I guess you could say I had a bit of a temper. I picked up my jacket and put it on ignoring the painting. You try waking up after 70 years and finding some rich people standing over the plot of land you once owned. I sighed and exited my apartment.

I neared the tall building. There were glass doors at the entrance. I pushed them open. As I entered the building I saw a metal door shape. It was split down the center. I was about to walk away when it lit up. Well, the whole building lit up. Lights turned on. I was going to get caught. The door opened. There was nowhere else to go so I walked into the box. The door closed. I sighed in relief. Then the box I was in started moving. I grabbed onto the railings that were in the middle of the box. This is how I'm going to die. Something dinged and the doors opened. I opened my eyes and looked ahead of me. " Sorry, Sir she slipped past me as the power was out." That accent. It was like Peggy's just... Male. I looked around. There was a woman standing there next to what looked like a circular couch. " Um..." I said walking out of the box. I was about to say something when someone grabbed my shoulder. I flung my arm around and bent whoever it was down on my knee. A yellow light lit up in my face. It blinded me momentarily. " Night-Wolf!?" Someone shouted behind me. I let go of whoever I was holding and stood up. " Phil? You know them?" The woman said walking toward me. I turned to the voice. " Agent Coulsen," I said looking at him. He looked between the woman, the man, and me. " I swear it's not what it looks like," I said holding my hand up in defense. " It looks like your intruding on my property," The man behind me said. I turned around. " I'm guessing your..." I said pointing at him. He squinted at me. " Stark. Tony Stark" The woman said coming up and standing next to him. Agent Colson stood next to me. " Sorry, you guys this is Axel Schnider. She's... Well, apart from that" He said pointing at something. I looked in that direction. He was pointing at a... floating file? Agent Coulsen put his hand on my shoulder. " I heard you called her Night-Wolf?" The woman asked. " yes she is one of the enhanced we have been watching. Like you Mr. Stark but she is all-natural" He said looking up at me. I pushed his hand off of my shoulder. He sighed. " Enhanced?" The woman asked. " Yes," I said blandly. She looked at me stunned. " my name is Pepper. " she said sticking her hand out for me to shake. I shook it. " Axel." I looked at Stark. " Stark?" I said looking at him. He nodded. " You look like Howard," I said. " Okay. Well Axel you should get going." Agent Coulsen said grabbing my arm. " don't touch me." I said pulling my arm out of his hand. " Howard. You knew my father?" Stark said getting closer to me. " Yes," I said then turned to leave. " You guys can talk more later. Right now. Axel needs to get going. She has a big day tomorrow as do you Mr. Stark" Agent Coulsen said as he pushed me into the box. " Have a goodnight" I said. Agent Coulsen nodded and pressed a button on the side side of the box. It dinged and started taking me downward. I grabbed onto the railings.

"So, this Dr. Banner was trying to recreate the serum they used on us?" Steve asked. " A lot of people were." Agent Coulson said as he grabbed something from above him. We were in a plane flying somewhere. " You two were the world's first superheroes. Banner thought gamma radiation might hold the key to unlocking Erskine's original formula." Coulson said. " Guess it didn't go his way," I said looking at the tablet Steve was holding. There was a video of a big green guy yelling and throwing stuff. " Not so much," Colson said with a sigh. " When he's not that thing though the guy's like a Stephen Hawking," he said. I made an excited noise. " I know this one..." I said looking up at him. I had to think really hard. " Um... Smart dude? Paralyzed?" I said looking at Coulsen. He smiled and nodded. " Yes!" I said quietly. Steve looked at me. " I gotta say, It's an honor to meet you officially," He said to Steve. He didn't say that to me when we met. " I sort of met you. I mean, I watched you. I watched both of you while you were sleeping. I mean, I was- I was present" he said. Steve stood up. I followed him. " we get it," I said giving Colson a reassuring look. " We made some modifications to the uniform." He said looking between Steve and I. He turned to me. " Tony Stark actually asked if he could make some last night after meeting you," Colson said smiling. " Aren't the stars and striped a little... Old fashioned?" Steve asked. " Some people are going to need... Old fashioned." Coulson said. I wonder what Stark did.

We landed on what looked like... A floating plane track? " Get them their outfits," Cousen said as we exited the plane. I was looking around at the huge track. We were in the middle of the ocean. " Agent Romanoff, Captain Rogers... Um, Axel Schnider" He said hesitating at my name. I looked at Coulsen then looked at who he was talking to. It was a woman. She had strawberry red hair that was cut short. She had a black leather jacket on and a red shirt on. " Ma'am," Steve and I said at the same time. She was beautiful. I looked to my left as she talked. " They need you on the bridge, they're starting a face trace," Romanoff said to Coulsen. " See you there," Coulsen said then walked away. I examined Romonoffs lower half. Not in a creepy way. She had a gun in a holster and wore blue jeans. " It was quite the buzz around here, finding you two in the ice." She said as we walked around. " I thought Coulson was gonna swoon," She said. I held back my chuckle and just smiled a little. " Has he asked you to sign his Captain America trading cards yet?" She asked Steve. I looked up as I followed them. " Trading cards?" Steve said. She turned to me. She looked me up and down. " I might have some Night Wolf trading cards in my room..." She said looking at me. " Finally some recognition for the best super-soldier," I said pushing Steves's shoulder. He laughed and looked at me. I looked ahead. " Dr. Banner," I said noticing the man. I jogged past Steve and stood in front of Banner. He looked anxious. I smiled at him. " Woah," Steve said coming up to us. " She doesn't smile at anyone." He said glancing at me. I dropped my smile. I leaned down so I could be face to face with him. He looked scared. I sighed. "You are scared," I said accidentally letting my accent slip out. " I'm not scared I'm just..." He said trailing off of his sentence. " It's fine. I'm used to it by now." I said standing up fully. " I heard you are going to help us find the cube," Steve said shaking Banners' hand. " That's the only thing you heard?" Banner asked. " Only thing we care about" Steve and I said at the same time. I glanced at him. " Gentleman, lady. You might want to step inside. It's going to get a little hard to breathe." Romonaff said looking at us. I looked around. There were sirens going off. Things were moving. " Is this a submarine?" Steve asked. " Really? They want me in a submerged, pressurized, metal container?" Banner said as Steve and him walked forward. Romonaff looked up at me. I could tell she was staring. I looked down at her. " Yes?" I asked. She turned toward me fully. She stuck her hand out. " Big fan. You can call me Natasha if I can call you Axel?" She said. I narrowed my eyes. I took her hand and shook it. " nice to meet you Natasha" I said as we shook hands. She smiled. "Nice to meet you, Axel," She said. She looked at Steve and Banner. " Don't wanna go see for yourself?" She asked. I could hear and feel the vibrations. " We're flying up into the air," I said as the ship started lifting. She looked at me. " How did you-" " Vibrations. I've flown a plane before" I said glancing over the edge. She scoffed and shook her head. " what?" I asked. " Definitely need you to sign those cards now," She said. I smiled.