Quality time

I was entering my apartment when I saw a note on the counter. I picked it up. " Gonna be out of the city for a bit. Rest your arm ;)" It read. I sighed. Pepper. Tony still has her doing his rounds. I walked into my bedroom. " Hello," A man said. I jumped. " Jesus," I said turning on the bedroom light. I did a spin and turned to face him. It was Barton. " You scared the Shit out of me Clint!" I said putting my jacket down. He chuckled. " Wanna hang out now?" He asked. " Don't you like... have a life?" I asked. " I do actually. It's a nice one too. I was wondering if you wanted to take a look into it." He said walking forward. I noticed the oddly moved his hand. He pulled out his bow. I deflected the arrow he shot at me. It stuck into my roof. " Really?" I asked looking at the hole in the roof. " I'll fix it. Later. Right now I need you to come with me" He said throwing a bag at my chest. " I took the liberty of packing some things for you." He said as he took his arrow out of my roof. My arm had healed by now. I did heal rather fast. It was a bit sore. I sighed and picked my jacket back up. " Oh yeah." He said stopping at my door. He neared me. " Tell anyone what I'm about to show you and I will stab an arrow through your eye." He said deadpanning. I raised an eyebrow. " If it's such a sensitive topic why tell someone you don't know?" I asked as he turned around. " I don't know. You just seem like someone I can trust." He said opening my door. I scoffed. " You have good intuition," I said as we exited the apartment.

We were walking through the woods. Lots of woods. There was a road but mostly this place was cut off. We neared a house. It was now a day. People were standing around the house. Just a couple. As we neared they turned and looked at us. I realized they were kids. " They're kids," I said walking next to Clint. He turned and looked at me. " My kids," He said. The kids started running at Clint. " Daddy!" They shouted and jumped on top of him as he picked them up. An older woman came up to me. She looked about Clint's age. I looked down at her. She was pregnant. I looked up at her. She held out her hand. " Hi. I'm Laura." She said. I shook her hand. " I'm Axel," I said nodding. She smiled. " Hi honey," Clint said and kissed her. One of the children latched onto my leg. " Um. Hello," I said looking down at them. They looked up at me. I tried to smile nicely. They just tilted their head. I tilted mine. Clint laughed. " Alright, Lila," He said grabbing the child's head. I looked up at him. " This is Cooper and Lila," He said referring to the kids. I nodded. " It's nice to meet you," I said to them. They smiled at me. I cleared my throat. I looked at Clint. " right." He said putting down Cooper.

He had taken me behind the house and had two bows in his hand. " Here," He said handing me one. I picked it up. " What do you want me to do with this?" I asked. He shrugged. " Shoot it. It's better to get known with your surroundings" He said drinking a beer. I nodded. I put on an arm guard and picked up an arrow. " Yep, just like that. I've noticed that you're aware of your surroundings at all times. Well, not last night but still." He said. I rolled my eyes. " Right, balance it. Feel the wind around you. Think about what it's going to take to hit that bullseye" He said. I released the arrow. It hit two circles away from the bullseye. " your first time shooting a bow?" He asked. I nodded. " Pretty damn good if you ask me," He said. " Could be better" I said turning to him. He smiled. " You wanna practice for a bit?" He asked. I thought about it. " Sure. Tony and Pepper are on a trip." I said grabbing another Arrow. He smiled.

After shooting a couple of times Clint had brought me a beer. " I want you to train my kids," He said. I stopped. I had the bow locked in an aiming position. I glanced at him. " What do you mean?" I asked. " Well, once they're of age of course. You and Nat are the best fighters I know. I want my kids to be able to protect themselves" He said. My hand started wavering. I shook my head. " Why not?" He asked. I released the arrow. It hit dead center. " I was trained since I was 7." I turned to look at him. " I'm thankful for the skills I have now. but... I didn't have very nice teachers" I said hesitating to pick up another arrow. He sighed. "That's why I want you to train them. I have only known you for a bit but I can tell you're a good person Axel." Clint said. I put the arrow back and put the bow down. I turned fully and stared at him. I clenched my jaw. " Why can't you train them?" I asked. He looked sad. " In case anything happens-" " Nothings going to happen," I said interrupting him. " But if something does-" " then I'm going down with you. And don't think nat is ver going to leave you to die." I said crossing my arms. He sighed. " Fine then. We can train them together. I just... I want Lila to have a good role model" He said quietly. I looked to my right. The kids were playing. It was almost dusk. I turned to him. " I'll do it. On one condition." He looked up at me. I nodded for him to take a seat on the hay bale. He nodded. I sat down beside him. " I... I can't have kids. What if I adopted a kid. Raised them to be the next generation of... Avengers" I said looking at him. He smiled. " That's exactly what I want. And I'm sure that you could have kids." He said. I smiled slightly. " I'm gonna tell you something. I don't talk about it a lot because... I hate remembering it." I said looking at him. He nodded. " My um... My father he. He was over sea's a lot and had people come and train me." I was silent for a bit thinking. " When I turned... 14 he-He said he didn't want me to have kids... So... He made sure I didn't" I said taking a drink of my beer. Clint stared at me for a bit. I decided to speak." I want one to carry on my legacy. Maybe even... Maybe even be the next... avenger." I said looking at him. He nodded. " I was the same way." He said. I laughed. " If I do adopt a kid... What if they aren't like me. What if they... what if they hate the idea of being a superhero?" I asked turning to Clint. He looked at me. He licked his lips and looked down. " I'm not supposed to tell anyone about this but... Right before You, Nat, and Steve took down HYDRA and S.H.I.E.L.D. all in one go... I got a mission..." He said hesitating. I furrowed my eyebrows. " Continue," I said. He glanced at me. " I was sent to go and... There was a doctor. Her name was Dr. Chasity. S.H.I.E.L.D told me she was making a serum that would replace the DNA in kids and turn them into soldiers." He said hesitating. I furrowed my eyebrows. " I talked to her about it after I captured her... Axel she- She found a way to have a kid without giving birth..." He said looking at me. I sighed. " Wh-What do you mean?" I asked. " I know where she is staying and if you want a kid... I'm sure she would be happy to tell you how to-" " Clint! Axel! Dinner!" Laura shouted. I stood up. I looked over at him. " don't give me hope Clint" I said shaking my head. He laughed and stop dup. " Just know I'm here when your ready," He said. I nodded and my way to the house.

" Please, stay for dinner," Laura said. " oh, no I couldn't trouble you like that. I'm sure Clint would like to spend some time with his family. Plus... I have a date" I said nodding. Laura smiled and nodded. Clint hit me in the back. " Good luck," He said. I laughed and made my way to my car.

" Nat?" I asked as I walked into the ballet studio. " Over here," She said. I walked into the mirror room. " Woah," I said looking at her. She was wearing black leggings and a black t-shirt. " Gonna stare at me or help me?" She asked. " right," I said walking over to her. I held onto her leg. "How's that?" I asked pushing it up. " Perfect," She said. I was helping her stretch. We did the other leg. " You asked me how I look like I'm dancing while fighting," She said putting on her ballet shoes. I nodded. She smiled at me. " I was put in a red room when I was a child. I had an assigned family of assassins. Along with teaching us how to kill... They taught us lady-like things like Ballet." She said standing up. I watched as she propped up onto her toes. " I read your file," She said as she spun. I looked up at her. I was sitting down next to one of the mirrors. " I read it awhile ago actually. I was sort of a fan." She said as she stopped spinning. She started dancing now. Or... leaping around the room. She stopped and looked at me. She walked up to me. She stuck her hand out for me to take. I grabbed it and stood up. I smiled at her. She looked cautious. " Are you aware that you have a brother?" She asked. My stomach flipped. " What?" I asked. " You smell like alcohol," She said stepping back. " Nat... don't change the subject. What did you just say?" I asked walking toward her. " You have a sibling," She said looking up at me as I stood over her. " No, no I don't. Your files are wrong" I said looking down at her. She got up on her tippy toes. " They're alive. Or the last time I checked they were" She said. I backed up. " How long have you known?" I asked. She walked closer to me. " I wasn't supposed to tell you. Now that S.H.I.E.L.D. is gone I just thought that..." She said nearing me. I raised my hand for her to stop. " How old?" I asked. She sighed. " They're 50." She said. " no, that would mean... They had to have been born after my father and mother died" I said looking at her. " Your mother didn't die Axel." She said walking toward me slowly. " What do you mean she didn't die!" I yelled. " They live in Russia. Your mother is dead now. She died a couple of years after you went into the ice." She said. Her hand was on mine now. " I suggest you don't see them." She said. I looked her in the eyes. " And why not?" I asked. " Because he worked for HYDRA. And... He's dying." She said. I leaned against the mirror. " What's wrong with him?" I asked. " he has cancer." She said. I nodded. I stayed quiet and wiped my nose. " I'm sorry you had to figure this way. I just- I didn't want to lie to you anymore" She said putting her hands on my shoulders. " It's okay. I understand. " I said fumbling with my fingers. " I um... I should get going." I said scratching the back of my neck. Natasha grabbed my face. She looked me in the eyes. " It's okay to show emotion, Axel." She said stroking my face. I let out a shaky breath. I smiled slightly. She got up on her tippy toes and kissed me. I leaned down and kissed her back. We kept kissing for a couple of minutes until the lights went out. I laughed. " Guess the sensors couldn't pick us up," Natasha said. I laughed even harder. " Wanna stay at my place tonight? I'll sleep on the couch" I said picking up my bag. She looked at my right arm. She pulled up my jacket sleeve. There was a rash there. She stared at it for a minute. " You met Clint's kids?" She asked. I nodded. She smiled. " I would love to stay at your place," she said then kissed me on the cheek. I blushed and nodded.

A/N- I swear... I hate children and I really hope this kid isn't going to be a problem but... There are going to be future marvel movies and... Mf gonna be 200 by the time. Axel just needs someone to carry on her legacy. And there might be cute young avengers girls. Idk. 💀