The Avengers pt.3

" The gamma rays are definitely consistent with Selvig's reports of the Tesseract. But it's going to take weeks to process" Banner said as he held a machine above Loki's staff. I was sitting across from them messing with some bolts. " If we bypass their mainframe and direct route to the Homer cluster we can clock this at around 600 teraflops," Tony said. " I'm sorry... Teraflops?" I said. I had been catching up with most of their fancy words but really, Teraflops? Tony sighed. " It's a fancy word to measure computer performance," Tony said walked toward me. He put something down in front of me. " Fix it," he said. " I don't know anything about it," I said examining the box he put in front of me. " Did you know anything about those buses?" Tony asked. I kept quiet. " All I packed was a toothbrush," Banner said with a laugh. " You packed something Banner?" I said feeling for a crease on the box. " You can call me Bruce," he said. " You can call me Axel. The same goes for you Stark. I know my last name might be hard to pronounce" I said finally finding the crease and opening the box. " What's wrong with it?" I asked looking at the gears inside of the box. " It's jammed. A simple rerouting should do it" Tony said. He walked over to Bruce. They continued talking. I zoned out on them talking and started working on the box. I was pulling apart from one of the wires when one of them zapped. " Shit!" I said stretching my hand. I licked my finger and looked at the box. There was something inside of it. I stood up and walked over to one of the boxes with tools in it. I grabbed two tiny pointed metal sticks and carefully spread the wires. I scoffed. Stark was messing with me. The box didn't need to be rerouted. There was something jammed inside of it. I pushed the two metal pieces together and pulled out what was jamming it. It was a screw. After examining all of the wires and routing them carefully I shut the box and pressed the button on top of it. Music sounded from it. I turned to Stark. he pressed a button on the watch on his arm. He looked up at me. " 3 minutes," He said. " Too slow." He said then threw something at me. I caught it. it was a tiny box. It had multiple little versions of the tiny metal pieces I had used to get the screw out of the box. " They're called screwdrivers," Tony said. I heard a zapping noise. I turned around. " hey!" Steve shouted as he walked in. " Jury's out," Tony said. "You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz, bongo drums, a huge bag of weed?" Tony asked Bruce. " Is everything a joke to you?" Steve asked Tony. Tony looked at Steve. I stood up. " Funny things are," Tony said pointing to Steve. I noticed that there was something blue glowing on Tony's chest. I'll have to ask him about it later. " It's just his personality Steve let it go." I said. " no. Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny. No offense, Doc." Steve said. " It's all right, I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things," Bruce said. " Steve..." I warned. " You're tip-toeing, big man. You need to strut." Tony said walking around the table. Steve and I both furrowed our eyebrows at Tony. "You guys are so old," He said to us. I scoffed. " You need to focus on the problem, Mr. Stark," Steve said. " Do you think I'm not? Why did Fury call us in? Why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables." Tony said. I was getting tired of trying to break up their argument so I walked around to Bruce. " Is there anything here that I might be able to understand?" I asked him. He looked up at me. He pushed up his glasses. " Gamma rays are a penetrating form of electromagnetic radiation arising from the radioactive decay of atomic nuclei." He said. I sighed. " And that's what the big green guys is? Pure Gamma ray?" I asked looking at him. He nodded. " I bet he could absorb a ton of Radiation," I said examining the staff. " Wolfie. Here's another project for you" he said handing me a green circuit board. " What's this?" I said examining it. " It's a motherboard. I want you to turn it into something. You can use the metal shop over there. What would you do with this technology... Blueberry?" He said. I sighed. " I guess... It's a good way to get used to this era's technology" I said making my way over to the desk. Steve and Tony kept arguing. Steve eventually left the room. I was examining the motherboard. " Oh be careful of hte-" A yellow explosion erupted in my face. I coughed. I used my hand to wipe away the smoke. " Sorry. It was an old prototype" Tony said. I looked over at him. I sighed and continued working on it.