Wakanda

" I can't believe you get to go to Wakanda before I do," Tony said as he entered the room. I sighed. I picked up my bag. " It's just to get my new hand." I said putting on my backpack. " un-huh" He said. I sighed. " They're going to be here soon," I said walking over to the door. " And you're... not excited?" He asked following me. " I am it's just... I don't want to leave Nat." I said looking at Vision as he was reading in his room. " Oh god, save me the love birds talk please," He said rolling his eyes. I chuckled a bit. " Look, I know you love her. And she loves you. So... This trip is going to be unbearable" He said dragging out the e. I smiled. " Oh, would you look at that? They're here" he said. I looked out the window. A jet landed next to the compound. I sighed. " I wish Nat was here," I said looking at the jet. " Yeah well, don't we all," He said. I scoffed. " bye Tony," I said punching him slightly in the arm. " Ow!" He said sarcastically. I laughed. " bye," I said as I headed out the door. " Bye," He said.

" Hello, Axel," T'Challa said as I neared their jet. " Hello T'Challa," I said bowing my head. He smiled. " I'm glad you are coming to Wakanda. There are many things my sister is excited to show you." He said. I stifled a chuckle. " I'm glad your sister looks forward to me arriving," I said. T'Challa nodded. " We have made some... arrangements," he said. I furrowed my eyebrows. " Is everything okay?" I asked. " Everything is fine. We just had a bit of... trouble. But it's all sorted out now. Luckily for you Axel. You will only have to help my sister. The man you were originally going to help us find is now dead" He said. I nodded my head. " I see," I said. T'Challa moved to the side and pointed for me to go in. I smiled as I entered the jet.

After a bit of flying, we landed. They opened up the hatch. I stepped out. I covered my eyes as they adjusted to the bright light. There were more of the women guard. I nodded at them as I exited the jet. This place was beautiful. It was a city. They had many advances in tech. Of course. " Hello, Axel!" I heard a familiar voice shout. I looked over. I smiled. " Hello, Shuri," I said bowing my head to her. She smiled. " oh, no need to do that. Please come. I have been waiting for your arrival" She said smiling. I nodded. " Thank you for having me." I said. " of course. We don't get many visitors. It's nice to see a new face." She said as we walked into the huge building. " I'm glad you allowed me to visit," I said. " Don't worry. You will be getting a new hand as well as visiting our beloved home" She said turning around and walking backward in front of me. I laughed slightly. " Just wait till you see the designs I have chosen for you." She said smiling. Her smile was so big. " I really appreciate this Shuri. Thank you" I said. Her smile changed into a lip smile. She nodded her head. " You are welcome," She said. I smiled.

" Okay so the knowledge of your background and day-to-day life was limited but I tried my best," She said as we entered her lab. I looked around at the lab. It was beautiful. There was a box filled with black sand. I'm guessing it did something important. The lab mostly consisted of white. " This place is... Beautiful" I said following Shuri. " Thank you. I designed it myself. Now let me show you the designs." She said making her way toward a table. I followed. On the table were four hands. They were rotating giving me a view of every angle. " They are all mainly consisted of silver but there is a couple of options that will show color," She said pulling up a list on her tablet. " Okay. The first option you have is this one" She said pointing to the one on the left of the table. I walked over to it. I leaned down and looked at it. " Every single one of the hands has the same amount of vibranium. The only difference is the design and weight" She said. I nodded. " The normal human hand around average weighs about 1.8 pounds. This one here weighs around 0.57. It is lighter and won't have as heavy as a hit but swifter movement. The design is a normal striped metal pattern with blue under it." She said smiling. I tilted my head. " With my already added strength would the hit still be effective?" I asked looking at her. She tilted her head. " Yes, it the hit would still be effective. Though the weight would be a problem." She said. I nodded. " This one?" I asked pointing to the one to the right of it. She smiled. " This one here weighs around 1.8 pounds. It's the same as an average hand. The design is spiraled with green under." She said. I nodded. " This one?" I asked pointing to the one to the right of it. " This one here weighs about 1.15 pounds. With its heavier hit, you could easily break someone's jaw. This one would shift the weight an exponential amount. It's got a storm grey under it with a checkered pattern." She said. I nodded. " The grey would make it stand out less, correct?" I said. She smiled and nodded. I looked at the final one. " What about this one?" I said. It looked different than the others. It had the same pattern as the first one. I could see tinges of red under its metal flaps. She smiled. " This one here shifts its weight. When you want to hit someone to a heavier punch. It's got the same pattern as the first one. Instead of blue it's got red. This one would most likely be the best choice, in my opinion" She said. I nodded. I ran my hand across it. " We will put you under amnesia when we do the surgery. Of course, you being a mechanic you will most likely make upgrades. Though I suggest you wait before doing anything too big" She said. I nodded. " You know me well," I said. "It's our job to know those who come into our kingdom," T'Challa said as he entered. I smiled. " If you are still worried about me being a potential threat. I can promise you. I mean no harm" I said standing up fully. " I wish I could trust you but given your past..." T'Challa said. " Brother!" Shuri whisper-shouted. " I understand. I hope you can see I'm a new person. I would never do anything to purposefully hurt you or your family." I said. T'Challa nodded slowly. " Everything is ready and prepared for the surgery. Whenever you are ready, Axel" T'Challa said. I smiled. " Thank you. I am ready." I said. T'Challa nodded. " Right this way," Shuri said stepping in front of me. I nodded and followed her.

I was sitting in a room. The walls were white and the roof was too. The floor was a darker shade of white. They had put a couple of needles in my arms. I was starting to feel the sedative kicking in. " You have one strong immune system, Axel. It's taken three times the normal amount of sedative to get you tipsy." Shuri said as she entered the room. " Yeah that's um... That's a part of the serum. I can't. I can't get sick easily" I said blinking. I was trying to keep my consciousness. " You can go to sleep, Axel. No one is going to hurt you." Shuri said coming up to me. I thought about it. Before I got a choice my vision went dark. My head bobbed and landed on the soft pillow behind my head.

My eyes fluttered open. They adjusted to the light. I looked around. I was staring at a roof. " Ah, you're awake," A voice said. I sat up. I looked around. It was Shuri. She was doing something on a tablet. I looked down at my hands. They were resting on my lap. I raised my right hand. I tilted my head as I looked at it. " Do you like it?" Shuri asked. I looked at it for a bit longer. " Yes. It is... nice to look at" I said bringing it back down to my lap. " I'm happy you like it. Now, let's run some diagnostics." Shuri said walking toward me. She laid down her tablet. I put my hand on it. It scanned my hand. Shuri took the tablet back. " Everything seems to be working. All we have to do now is... test it." She said smiling. I smiled.

* Four days later*

Shuri had been testing me for the past couple of days. I was currently outside looking at the city. " Got something on your mind?" T'Challa asked coming up from behind me. I turned. He sat beside me. I looked over at him. " If you didn't grow up with Shuri... but she showed up in your life after years... Would you let her in? Even if she did bad things?" I asked turning to T'Challa. He sighed. " This is about Jermey Burne isn't it?" He asked. I looked over at him. " He said he want's to be in my life... with the time he has left." I said. T'Challa breathed in. " If Shuri were to come to me... And asked to spend her remaining time with me... I would say yes. Even if she posed a threat. I wouldn't allow her to get close enough to harm anyone." He said. I sighed. " He's done terrible things" I said looking at the sun that was slowly fading. " Yet he still comes to you. Asking for companionship. I would give him a chance, Axel. The Avengers gave you a chance" He said turning to me. I sighed. " I don't want him putting my baby in danger" I said. " Don't let him get close enough to be able to harm the baby" He said shrugging his shoulders. I sucked in a deep breath. " I'm leaving tomorrow" I said leanign back. " In fact you are. Do you not want to go back?" he asked. I sighed. " Nat she's... She's so great. She's the best thing that has ever happened me. They all are. I... I don't want to mess it up T'Challa." I said staring in the distance. " No one can predict the future Axel. Only you yourself can affect your future" he said. I sighed. " You should write a book" I said standing up. He smiled. " Maybe" He said. I smiled. He put his hand on my shoulder. " You will do alright. As a friend, lover, and as a mother. I give you my best wishes my friend" He said. I smiled. " I'm your friend?" I asked smirking. He smiled. He didn't say anything as he turned to leave. I watched as he walked off into the distance. I sucked in a deep breath. I turned and looked in the distance. " Only you can affect your future" I said looking at the sunset.

*The next day*

I was packing my things. I was leaving soon. I had finished packing as I put on my backpack. " Ready to return to your friends?" Shuri asked as she entered my room. " Yeah." I said smiling. She smiled back. " Good. Let's go" She said leading me out. She led me to the jet. " T'Challa needs to stay here as do I. Our warriors will take you back home." Shuri said. I nodded. " Thank you for everything Shuri" I said smiling at her. She smiled back.