Captain America: The First Avenger pt. 1

3rd Person POV

Axel a tall brunette was waiting at the doorstep of her house for her father. She was getting shipped off to join the military. She was the only woman that actually wanted, and was going to join the army. She sat and waited for an hour. Then another. Nothing. She sighed to herself. Everything was getting quite boring when the phone rang from inside the house. Axel ran into the house hoping that it was her father. Axel didn't have too bad of a relationship with her father. He was the one that pushed her to be strong and be just like her father. Her mother... Her mother was dead. She died when she was seven. All that she remembers is her mother's glare. Her father pushed her to be even better than him after that. Her mother drowned. Some say it was on purpose. That just made Axel mad. Her father was a war hero. He was Russian. People didn't like Russians no matter what. Even if they were different than Germans. People still threw things at her when she walked the halls of her old school. They would say nasty things about her accent and her family. She finally had enough of it and bloodied a kid to the brink of death when she was 11. She's had more control over her anger since then but she still needs a release every now and then. She was tall like her mother. She had light brunette hair. Her father was a blonde. Her mother was a dark brunette. Her eyes were light grey. She had a thin nose with a scar going over it. She got it while her father was away. Her anger got the best of her after being called one too many names. They had a pocket knife and slashed her nose while she was going in for a punch. When her father would come back she would try and use makeup to cover it. The way her father looked at her for a short period of time gave away how bad she was at makeup. It wasn't her fault. She didn't have a mother.

Axel Pov

" Hello?" I said as I picked up the phone. " Is this Axel Schnider?" The person on the other side said. "Yes," I said. " I am sorry to inform you this but... your father has been in a terrible accident. He wanted me to tell you something before he passed." The person on the other line said. I could hear the pity in their voice. I couldn't blame them though. My father did just die. " How did it happen and what did he want to tell me?" I asked keeping the hard stone coldness in my voice. " His brakes... they went out. He drove off the bridge. He drowned." the person said. They sounded male. They had a deep rasp and a low monotone in their voice. I just stayed silent. " He wanted me to tell you that you have to keep fighting. It's what he always wanted. He also asked me to make sure you do. I sent a car. It should be arriving shortly. You have my condolences." The line went dead. A single tear streamed down my right eye. I wiped it away before it could reach my lips. I looked around the house. " Now I have no one," I said to myself. No more tears fell after that one. I heard a honk coming from outside. I gave a glance at my bookshelf. I ran over to it and picked up my favorite book. " Perfect Places," The cover of the light baby blue book said. There was a shade of purple within it too. I ran out the front door. There was a black car sitting there. Their headlights were on. I picked up the luggage that I left and put it in the car. I got in the car and just sat down. The driver didn't look at me and I didn't look at them. The drive only took a short period of time.

When we arrived it was dawn. I got out of the car and grabbed my luggage. The driver said they would grab it but I just shook my head at them. They nodded and got back in the car. I looked around and saw people lining up. I walked forward and into the building that seemed to not have gates around it. I walked through the door and was greeted by a man standing there. I smiled. " Uncle Phillip," I said putting down my luggage. He smiled and opened up his arms. I hugged him. He did the same. I let go of him after a couple of seconds. " Hey kid," he said. His smile seemed to fade after a couple of seconds. Mine did the same. " I'm sorry about your father." He said looking me right in the eyes. "It's okay. At least they both died the same way" I said looking down. I picked up my luggage. " So. Where are the girlies?" I asked looking at him. He smiled again. " You always like to pick on the boys didn't you?" he asked turning around and started walking. I followed.

I was standing in a line next to the other recruits. They all seemed to be average-sized except for one. He was smaller than the others. I was standing next to him. Peggy started talking and walked forward. " Must be the accent queen Victoria. Thought I was signing up for the American army" A man said. I just kept looking forward. I heard a couple of chuckles coming out of their mouths. I just shook my head. " I didn't know women could join the army?" The small guy next to me said. I looked down at him. " They can if they have the right connections," I said looking back up. He just nodded then looked forward again. " Plus I'm stronger than most of the guys here," I said as I leaned down ad smirked. He chuckled a little. I stood straight back up. I looked over at Peggy. She punched the guy that mouthed off in the jaw. I just smiled. I heard a couple of chuckles coming from the line. 'God Peggy is so hot' I thought to myself. 'Crap'. Uncle Phillip started talking. He walked next to me and looked at the small guy. He just stifled a laugh.

I learned that the small guy's name was Steve Rogers. I just ignored him like everyone else. I was climbing up the rope when he got tangled and fell. I climbed back down and helped him up. " No man left behind. Even if that makes me lose" I said as I lifted him. He looked at me. " Thank you," He said looking me up and down. " Sure," I said. I climbed back up the rope. While we were climbing through the barbed wire I was behind this asshat. Rogers was far behind. The guy turned around in looked past me. He kicked the pole and the barbed wire fell on Steve. He laughed. I looked back and saw that Steve dodged it. After I got out of the wire I walked over to the asshat. I grabbed his shirt and threw him onto the ground. He looked at me like I was crazy. He stood up and tried to punch me. I dodged it and hit him in the back of the neck with my elbow. I kicked out the back of his legs and wrapped my arms around his neck. I had him in a chokehold and he was on his knees on the ground. I heard uncle Phillip sigh. He came over to me and put his hand on my shoulder. "That's enough Axel. They already don't like you don't give them another reason." He said. I thought about it for a second. I let go of the idiot. " How about you bully the people who actually threaten us. I bet you get off on it, don't you? Torturing people. I bet you've never felt a woman touch. A decent one that is" I said as I leaned down to be face to face with him. " I bet it gets tiring always having to look up. I wouldn't know" I said and smirked. I stood back up straight. I turned and walked away.

We were all running when the director made us stop. "The first one to get that flag gets to ride back. We are only half the way there." He said. I stood back with Rogers. I didn't want a ride back. I wanted to do this all the way. " All right get back into formation," he said. Everyone got back into formation. I did the same. Rogers walked up to the flag pole. He pulled out the bolts from underneath it. The flag pole fell down. He walked up and grabbed the flag and handed it to the director. I just laughed at his actions.

We were all doing pushups in line. " Come on Ladies. My grandma has more life than you. God rest her soul" Peggy said walking back and forth. I was doing just fine. I can't say the same for Rogers. I had been training for this my whole life. These were nothing compared to the things my father made me do. " up" Peggy said. I jumped up. The others were panting heavily. " Jumping jacks," She said. We all did. I of course was one of the only ones that had a proper stance. The others just had falling arms. Rodgers was just flailing his arms. I stopped and walked over to him. I held onto his arms. " Like this. It improves your muscle stance and it's easier" I said bending his arms. I stood next to him and started doing the jumping jacks again. He followed and looked at me. " Hey, it is," He said smiling. I nodded. " Grenade!" I heard someone shout. Everyone scattered. I was about to jump on it when Rogers beat me to it. " Rodgers you aren't going to do anything!" I yelled as I jumped on top of him. The bomb didn't go off. I stood up. I looked at my uncle. " I hate you," I said looking at him. " It was a dummy?" Rogers asked picking it up. " Get back in formation," Somone said. " I know that," My uncle said walking away. Rogers stood up and looked at me. " Is he you're high connection?" He asked looking at me. " We aren't actually related. My father knew him well. They fought together. He would come by often. I refer to him as my uncle." I said. Rodgers nodded.