Captain America: The Winter Soldier pt.1

" Did you hear about your partner?" Tony asked me. " What do you mean?" I said as I finished polishing the hood of my car. He hoped in the car. " He's wanted. And so is the redhead" Tony said smiling. I scoffed. " I'm serious," He said. I didn't say anything and got into the car with Tony. 

I was heading home when I got another call. It was a random number. I was getting a lot of those recently. " Tony I swear-" " Hello, Ms. Schnieder," A familiar voice said. I smiled. " Well hello, Ms. Romonaff," I said stopping. " Good to hear from you," I said. " I can say the same," Natasha said. " So what makes such a pretty girl call my number at this hour?" I asked looking at my watch. " I'm sorry did you just call me pretty? I knew you were hanging around Tony but geez. How long have you been around him for him to rub off on you like this." She said. " ha, ha. Yeah, laugh it up what do you need from me, Natasha? Has Steve gone rouge or something?" I said. " nope. Nothing's wrong with Steve. Just heard you got a phone and wanted to check up." She said. I sighed. " Last time someone said they wanted to check up on me I spent... 18 hours in their garage," I said as I continued walking. " Yikes. They were that freaky?" She asked. I scoffed. " Natasha..." I said pressing the crosswalk button. " What? I'm sorry you had to go through that." She said. " Quit changing the subject," I said walking across the street. " Your no fun." She said. " I know," I said as I entered my building. I walked past the arguing couple that was always yelling not matter what time it was. " So... You gonna tell me why you called?" I asked unlocking my apartment. " I need you in Washington. Now." She said. I sighed. " Alright... And what's in it for me?" I asked. " You get to hang out with me." She said. I sighed. "I saw the documents," I said. She sighed. " You remember that tune?" Natasha said. I laughed. " Yeah, I do." I said. " meet me there," She said. I sighed. She hung up. Man this woman.

I drove into an alleyway. I turned off my headlights. I got out of the car and locked it. I swung the keys around my finger. I typed the password into the keypad. The door dinged and unlocked. I was whistling a tune. " Enameled bedpan," I spoke in Russian as I walked through the darkroom. " Window, beside the table and the bed" A voice answered. I smiled. I clapped and the lights turned on. I looked at the woman before me. I bowed. " Ms. Natasha Romonaff," I said glancing up at her as I bowed. She smiled. " you are an official criminal," I said smiling at her. She laughed. " Sorry to drag you into this," She said. I shook my head. " I don't mind," I said looking around the room around me. It was a ballet studio. When I showed Natasha my music box she said that she used to listen to that tune all the time. I told her it was the only thing I could remember that was nice about my mother. She explained how she used ballet as a way to let off steam. It wasn't really that hard to put together the pieces. The hard part was finding out which ballet studio she meant in Washington. " I see you are finally using a car," She said looking at my keys. " A self-made car," I said. She smiled " That's great. Would you mind showing me around as we get to the safe house?" She asked pushing me out the door. " Alright, alright" I laughed walking to my car. Natasha had straight hair now. I think it suited her much better. 

" Steve," I said smiling at him as I entered the house. It was now day. He smiled at me. I looked at the man that was hosting them. I dropped my smile. I walked up to him. I put my hand out for him to take. He took it. " Axel Schnider," I said. " Sam Wilson" He nodded. I nodded. " Thank you for keeping them safe," I said looking at Steve and Natasha. He nodded. I sat down at a table with Natasha and Steve. " I made breakfast if that's... what you people eat," He said looking at all of us. I looked at Steve and Natasha. 

" So the question is who at S.H.I.E.L.D. could launch a domestic missile strike?" Natasha said to Steve. " Pierce," Steve said. Sam looked at me. " Oh don't look at me I've been spending my 'vacation' with ' playboy, millionaire, philanthropist, Tony Stark," I said taking a drink of orange juice. I pulled out my wallet. " Here," I said handing Sam 100 dollars. " Oh no..." He said refusing to take my money. I stared at him. " take it" I said while deadpanning. " Okay..." he said grabbing it and putting it in his wallet. Natasha and Steve continued talking. I guess Sam had something to say. he grabbed two folders and handed them to Natasha and Steve. I watched as they talked. Steve looked at me. He tilted his head. " Why are you getting involved in this? I know it's not because of your overbearing love for me" He said throwing the folder down. I scoffed. I glanced at Natasha. " I'm here because you need me, Steve," I said standing up. " I don't need you, Axel. You chose to come here," he said standing up and crossing his arms. I walked forward. " Oh please if I wasn't her you would be as lost as my mother's soul in Limbo," I said. Sam chuckled a bit. " Sorry, sorry wrong time," he said. I looked back at Steve. " I think Tony's rubbing off on you a little too much." He said. " I think you should hang out with more women Steve, maybe they could rub off on you," I said. it was Natasha's turn to giggle. " let's go," Steve said. I smiled in victory. 

"Agent Sitwell, how was lunch?" Sam asked Sitwell. We were watching him from afar. Sam hacked his phone. " I hear the crab cakes here are delicious," Sam said. " The good-looking guy in the sunglasses, your 10 o'clock... Your other 10 o'clock" Sam said. I chuckled slightly watching the guy look around. " There you go." Sam said as the guy looked at us. " you're gonna go around the corner to your right. There is a black and grey car two spaces down. You and I are gonna take a ride." Sam said. I would be driving my own car a bit back to watch for stragglers. " because that tie looks really expensive, and I'd hate to mess it up." Sam said as a red dot appeared on Sitwell's tie. Sitwell looked around. 

Steve and Natasha made their way up to the roof with Sitwell. I was sitting in the car. I looked up. Sam had caught Sitwell and brought him back up to the roof. 

There wasn't enough room in my car for five people so Natasha had to sit on my thigh. " Insights in a couple of hours. We're cutting it a little bit close there" Natasha said leaning forward. Steve was in the passenger seat and Sam was driving. Sitwell was next to Natasha and I. " Make a move and you have two of the most deadly women inches away from you" I said looking at Sitwell. I saw the sweat drip from his bald head. " I know. we'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the helicarriers directly." Steve said referring to Sitwell. " What? Are you crazy?" Sitwell asked Natasha as she sat fully on my thigh. " That is a terrible, terrible idea," Sitwell said. There was thump on the roof. Sitwell screamed. A hand reached through the window and grabbed Sitwell. " The window!" I shouted. " dammit," I said. Bullets shot through the roof. I pulled one of my shields out from the side of the car. I covered Natasha and I with it. Steve put the car into park. A man went flying off the roof. I sat up. Natasha sat up too. " Cool," She said glancing at my shield. " Tony said it was safer," I said looking ahead of us. A man with long hair and a metal arm was in the middle of the road. Natasha raised her gun. A car rammed us from behind. The gun fell out of Natashas hand. The guy jumped back on top of the roof. " That's it!" I shouted smashing the window next to me. " What are you gonna do?" Natasha asked. " Beat the shit out of him," I said crawling on top of the roof. The guy had jumped onto a truck behind us. There were lots of them. And they had guns. " Shit," I said. Steve threw me his shield. I used it to block the bullets. They rammed our car once again which sent us flying into the air. I jumped off of the car so that I could get the shield to Steve. " Steve!" I shouted as I threw him his shield. He grabbed it and smashed the door out of the car. I landed on the ground with a snap. I groaned in pain. I heard gunshots go off. Lots of them. I couldn't see anything. I felt someone step on my chest. It was a man. I groaned. I tried to push him off of my chest but my arm was broken. I screamed in pain as another man stepped on my arm. The man got thrown back. I looked at who it was. It was Sam. I sighed. " You good?" He asked helping me up. " yeah. Just not gonna be able to sue my left arm" I said pushing the bone back into place. He cringed at my arm. I groaned as I stretched out my arm. I swung my arm around into place. I clenched my jaw at the pain. " rip my shirt. Hurry" I said to Sam. He nodded. He ripped off a chunk of my shirt. I tied it around my arm and used it as a sling. 

I could see Steve fighting with the Man. I looked for Natasha. She was sitting down against a car. I ran for her. " Natasha," I said as I got close to her. She looked at me. " you okay?" I asked examining her shoulder. " Yeah, you?" She asked. I looked over at Steve. He was frozen. I picked up a gun that was beside Natasha. I shot it at the man. The car next to him exploded. Steve looked at me. I looked at him. Cars pulled up. Multiple of them. Agents pointed guns at us. " Get on your knees!" They shouted at us. One of them was a little rough with my arm. I groaned. 

" It was him." Steve said. " he looked right at me. he didn't even know me" Steve said. " How is that even possible? It was, like, 70 years ago." Sam said. " If it was Bucky. I'm sure he would have remembered you. You saved his life" I said to Steve. " Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43. Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him and..." Steve said. " None of that's your fault, Steve," Natasha said. I looked over at her. She looked Tired. They were transporting us in an armored vehicle. They had put us in cuffs. " You okay?" I asked Natasha. She looked at me. This was the most tired I have ever seen her. I nudged her. " I haven't slept in... say, 24 hours and you look worse than me," I said to her. She sighed. I looked at her shoulder. " She's bleeding out," I said to the guard that was next to me. " She-" They threatened me with the zapper. I backed up. They flipped the electric thingy around and zapped the other guard. They then kicked him in the face knocking him out. " Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain." the guard said removing their helmet. " Agent Hill," I said looking at her. She smiled. " Who is this guy?" She asked looking at Sam.