Civil War pt.1

*1 year later*

" Sorry, I'm late..." I said entering the Avengers compound. Wanda, Vision, Natasha, Steve, Rohdes, Sam, and Tony were sitting around a table. They were in a meeting. I looked to the left. The secretary of state was standing there presenting a book. " uh... I thought you said this was about something important Tony." I said looking at him. He looked mad. I sighed. I nodded at the secretary. " Hello," I said walking forward. I stood in the corner of the room. " Thank you for joining us, Axel." He said. I glared at him. He hesitated. " Night... Wolf," He said clearing his throat. I nodded. " As I was saying... Talk it over." He said walking around the table. " And if we come to a decision you don't like?" Natasha asked. " You retire," The secretary said. He left the room. I sighed. " What is that?" I asked pointing at the book. " The Sokovia accords," Wanda said. Everyone turned to me. " What?" I asked. " So you just don't show up for forever?" " where were you?" " You could have helped train the new soldiers" Everyone started saying to me. I looked down. " Enough," Steve said. He stood up. I looked at him. " She's been doing things important to her," Steve said. I nodded. " Thank you, Steve," I said. He nodded. " important things like running around the streets of new york at night." Tony said. I sighed. " Signing people's boobs," Natasha added. " I'm here now aren't I?" I said looking at them. They all stayed silent. " If you were all so offended by me not coming here. Why didn't you just call me?" I asked. Vision stood up. He turned and looked at me. " Wanda has been improving with her abilities" Vision said smiling. I smiled slightly at Vision's change of topic. I looked at Wanda. " That's great," I said. She smiled and nodded. " What happened to your wrist?" Rhodes asked. I looked down. You could see my brace. I pulled down my jacket sleeve. " nothing. It's a heart rate monitor." I answered truthfully. " And why would you need that?" Sam asked. " She's been having panic attacks. You know. Just reliving traumatic memories. The use" Tony said. I looked at him. I tilted my head. " You put Friday in my watch?" I asked. He shrugged. " I didn't give you permission to dig into my personal life Tony," I said approaching him. " Woah there Wolfie. I like my head so maybe don't bite it off." He said. I scoffed. " Yeah because we all know Tony Stark needs his head," I said nodding. " Wait," Natasha said standing up. " What do you mean panic attacks?" Natasha asked. I glanced at her. " Friday said she's been quite active during her sleep. I get memories sometimes too but dang. Wolfie's take the cake" He said. " you know what" I said walking toward Tony. Steve put his hand on my chest. I looked at him. He shook his head. " Ah, of course. Capsicle. Stepping in to stop the wolf from getting its prey. You know... I bet he knows what you're dreaming about. I mean. You had to have told someone about your past right? Or are you just too scared to tell anyone?" He asked. I glared at him. Everyone stayed silent. I shook my head.

" Secretary Ross has a Congressional Medal of Honor which is one more than you have," Rhodes argued with Sam. Steve was reading the Sokovian Accords. I was tinkering with my watch trying to get Friday out of it. " So let's say we agree to this thing. How long is it gonna be before they LoJack us like a bunch of common criminals?" Sam asked. " 117 countries want to sign this. 117, Sam, and you're just like, ' No, that's cool. We got it" Rhodes said. I started tuning them out. Vision started talking but I ignored it. I got the majority of it. He was talking about how challenging invites conflict. I only started listening again when Natasha started talking. We hadn't talked for a while. She was on some missions and I... Well, I was destroying headsets. " Tony. You're being uncharacteristically non-hyperverbal." Natasha said. " It's because he's already made up his mind," Steve said. "Boy, you know me so well," Tony said getting up. " Actually, he's nursing an electromagnetic headache," I said digging into my watch with my screwdrivers. I looked up at Natasha she was already staring at me. I looked back down. She got up and walked over to me. " May I see you Ms. Schnider outside for a moment?" Natasha asked from behind me. I sighed and stood up. " Of course," I said following her out the door.