Chapter Thirty-Eight

A week had passed. Boscha's ribs had nearly healed. She had about two weeks until her leg would finish healing, and the cast could get removed. The Parks had agreed that once her leg healed, they would send her back to school. Mr. P had been against this idea, wanting her to stay at home for four more weeks; that way, her arm too would be healed.

The three-eyed witch was currently lying across the couch, reading a book. Willow was out in town with Mr. P, leaving Boscha with the father she once again hardly knew. For some reason, She felt that they had done this on purpose.

The young witch closed her book, tossing it on the coffee table next to Relus. She sat up carefully, moving her broken leg onto the coffee table and leaning over to pet the demon pumpkin.

She wanted to start a conversation with the older man, but she wasn't sure what, to begin with. Mr. Park felt the same.

"S-so... um, Mr. Park, How has your morning been?" Boscha asked, not having any other idea on how to start a conversation.

Mr. Park chuckled slightly, causing the pink-haired witch to blush a dark shade of red.

"It seems we both feel a little awkward right now, huh?" Mr. Park smiled. "Willow and Frank decided it would be the appropriate time to give us time to get to know each other. I may be an adult, but I'm not a hundred percent sure how to start a conversation with you." He laughed, sitting on a recliner near the couch.

"Heh, yeah... it is a little strange... So... all Witches are supposed to be part of a coven... which coven are you a part of?"

"Me? I am in The Plant Coven."

"Why'd you join that coven?"

"I love plants, making gardens, and hanging out in scenes of nature."

"That sounds like a valid reason to join a coven."

"Yeah, I suppose it is a good reason."

"What coven is Mr. P in?"

"Abomination."

"Oh, is that why Willow was in the Abomination track at first?"

"Indeed it was."

"Oh."

It was silent for a moment. Then Mr. Park spoke up. "Have you thought about what coven you'll be joining in the future?"

"I'd say one that deals with potions... but... um..." She sighs. "No, I haven't."

"Did you chose to be in the potion track?" Mr. Park asked.

"No... My dad put me in it. He made potions for a living... It was where a lot of our income came from. He wanted me to be able to create potions just like his, so I could make the family money..."

"If you had a choice, what track would you have gone into?"

"Um... I don't know... I never really followed my own path... so I- I didn't really think for myself... I haven't even thought about leaving potions because I'm happy where I'm at! I have thought about going into the... plant track... but... That's only a thought because..." Boscha blushed slightly. "That's because I want... to be closer to..." She sighs, her blush becoming darker. "It's not a valid reason to join a track... I wouldn't be any good at it anyway..."

"So, I'm going to ask you something. If you don't want to answer, don't."

"Um, okay."

"Do you like my Daughter?"

"Do I like her? O-of course I- I do! She's my best friend!" She was blushing furiously.

She knew which way Mr. Park was implying it, but she didn't even know the answer to that! She'd never been in love before...

Mr. Park nodded, signaling he understood her. He wasn't going to pry.

Silence fell over them. An awkward silence... especially after such a personal question...

Then both Willow and Mr. P walked in the front door. Both Boscha and Mr.Park let out a sigh of relief, causing both of them to look at each other. They laughed slightly, but neither Willow nor Mr. P really understood why.

"It seems the two of you talked some. That's good." Mr. P smiled.

"Heh, yeah." Boscha smiled nervously.

Willow sat down next to the three-eyed witch. Boscha turned and looked into Willow's emerald eyes.

"Do you like my daughter?"

A blush rose to her cheeks and she looked away.

"Do I like her? These feelings could be because she was the first one to show me unconditional love... do I like her? I don't know if I do. How do I know? How do I find out..." She buried her face in her hands, her thoughts becoming a little overwhelming.

"Boscha, are you okay?" Willow asked, worry evident in her tone.

"Yeah." She responded, voice muffled by her hands.

"Are you sure?"

"Why did you leave me alone with your other dad?! That was so awkward!" She lowered her hands, face still flushed red. "Wait..." She looks around the living room and sighs in relief after confirming the other two men had left the room.

"What happened?" Willow questioned.

"Well... I don't know your other dad well. We had a semi-normal conversation until he... uh... asked me if I li- um... he asked me a kinda... personal question..." Boscha's blush darkened.

"What'd he ask?"

"Um... He... well... I don't want to repeat it..."

The plant witch furrowed her brow. Her father wouldn't ask anything inappropriate... would he...?

The potion witch noticed that Willow may be taking what she said the wrong way. "It wasn't anything inappropriate or bad... just something slightly embarrassing that I don't really have the answer to..."

Willow nodded. "That's okay. I really didn't have a choice but to leave you with my other dad, just so you know. Papa wasn't giving me a choice... He said that you need time to hang out with him. More time to get to know each other."

"That makes sense... but it was still very awkward..."

"I expected you to be a bit more comfortable with him."

"Well it's kinda hard to be when he caught me c- I was in the wrong mindset a few weeks ago, so we went on a walk. We didn't talk very much..."

"That was when I first asked about Mich- um..."

"When you first asked who Michell was... yeah..." Boscha sighed. "And where I first understood your feelings toward me... now I need to figure out... is that truly how I feel too? I told them I was too scared... Was I scared of not actually loving her and hurting her...? scared of leaving myself vulnerable...? Scared of this being a lie...? A bad dream...? I just know the thought of being with her scares me... but why? I may never know."

Then one more thought popped into her mind. Amity would understand this more than anyone else she knows. She could talk to her... the issue was getting alone time with her...

However, she had enough thinking about this for the day. She'd find a way to talk to Amity by herself and sort things out, but for now, she would enjoy an afternoon with Willow.

"So... what do you wanna do now?" The three-eyed witch questioned.
--_-_--_-_--
So um... hi... uh... I exist again! I'm sorry if this chapter sucks or whatnot, but I haven't worked on this story in three months soooooooo... yeah. heh.

I hope the chapter wasn't too bad and y'all find some enjoyment in it. Have a wonderful day everyone and know... 

YOU
ARE
LOVED!!!

Words- 1172
Published- 4-18-21