Chapter Twenty

Willow's eyes opened. She groaned softly. Looking over at her alarm, she realized there were a good two and a half hours until it would start barking.

She sighed softly. She looked down at the girl in her arms. The girl's hair had gotten messed up, which was no surprise. She seemed relaxed.

The plant witch swept a lock of hair out of her friend's face. A smile swept across Willow's face.

"Why are you so cute?" Willow giggled slightly. She then blushed.

"I am so glad she is asleep." She sighed before lovingly caressing Boscha's cheek.

She recalled that just one and a half weeks ago, the girl in her arms was calling her names and pushing people around.

It was sad to think she did all of that because she wanted attention. She wanted the love that her parents refused to give her. She had needed unconditional love, but no one was willing to give it to her.

Because of her terrible home life, there was no one to catch her when she fell. Skara, Amelia, and Cat all left her the day after the game. Thinking about it now, she had heard so many people talking negatively about her. It was no wonder she had been so ruthless the week after the game.

She was furious that no one would give her what she needed. She was upset that none of their love was unconditional. They only loved and admired her because she was strong. They started to do exactly what she had done, but with no motive behind it except for humor.

They left her to defend herself when they had friends and family that would hold them close or tell them everything would be okay. Once everyone turned their backs on her and began bullying her, she had no safe space.

She was forced to face the hardships of bullying and abusive parents all by herself. She had no one to cling to, No one to tell her it was going to be okay, and no one to make her smile.

Willow began to feel guilty once again for rejecting the former bully's apologies. The thought that had tried to eat at her multiple times came back forward.

That day Boscha had asked her to meet in that clearing... Did she wait for long? The thought that the girl waited for hours or even the whole night hurt her.

She pulled her friend closer, kissing above the girl's third eye.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered.

"Why? You didn't do anything..." Her friend spoke softly.

Willow pushed back slightly and looked into the three gray-blue eyes that stared at her, awaiting an answer.

"How long has she been up?!" Willow all but screamed in her head.

"How long did you wait for me in that clearing?" She asked her, guilt clear in her voice.

"N-Not too l-long." She lied, not wanting to upset her friend.

"Be honest... How long did you wait?"

"I went there when school let out... I stayed there until sunset..."

"I'm sorry... I should've met with you on that day. I should have heard you out." Tears brimmed in Willow's eyes.

"Don't be sorry. You had every r-right not to listen to me. I- I was nothing more than a bully to you for years. S-So, please, d-don't cry ab-about it." The three-eyed witch had tears building in her eyes too.

"I... I can't help it." She pulled her closer, crying.

Boscha began to cry too as she wrapped her arms around Willow.