Chapter Twenty-Eight

The five friends had chatted for quite a while. The day was quickly fading, and no one even realized it. It was past time for dinner.

"You guys hungry?" One of the Park dads asked.

"Very!" King yelled, throwing his hands up.

"Food sounds nice right now!" Luz agreed. "What we having, Mr. P?"

"Mr. P?" The dark-skinned man questioned the name.

"Uh, sorry, probably should've asked before calling you that!" She laughed nervously.

He laughed in response. "It's quite alright. You can call me that if you'd like."

"Awesome!" Luz exclaimed with a fist pumped.

The man laughed again. "As for your question, we're going to have meatloaf."

"Sounds good." The human smiled.

Mr. P walked into the kitchen to prepare dinner.

The friends continued to talk. Boscha had eased herself out of the conversation. The smell of the meatloaf met her nose, and her stomach churned. She felt ill at the smell of food.

"I can't eat, but Mr. Park isn't going to let that slide." She sighed, causing her friends to turn to her.

"Uh, you okay, Boscha?" Amity asked her.

"I- I'm fine." She forced a smile.

All of her friends looked skeptical.

"Don't be so worried, you guys. I'm fine." She laughed nervously.

Luz went to protest, but Willow spoke up. "If you say so, but remember, we're here for you." She smiles.

A lump grows in Boscha's throat. She nodded in response, unable to speak.

"Dinners ready!" Mr. P called from the kitchen.

Everyone got up and received their food.

"This is glorious!" King yelled as he shoved meatloaf in his mouth. "I must hire you to be the chef for my army!"

"But, I thought I was going to be the chef for your army!" Luz pouted.

"Sorry, Luz, but you need to step up your game if you're to be the chef." He told her.

Mr. P chuckled. "I'll have to pass. I prefer to just cook for my family."

"Darn, Luz, you are still the future chef for my army."

"What if I don't want to be your chef now!" She huffed.

"Please, Luz! I need a chef! I'll never try to replace you again!" King begged.

"Oh, Alright. I'll still be your chef."

"Yay!" He cheered.

Luz chuckled and continued to eat.

"You know, he's right though, Mr. P! You're cooking is amazing! I wish I could eat here every day." She complimented.

"Yeah, I love the taste of this! Thank you for making it for us!" Gus smiled. It wasn't the first time he had eaten here, but the food never ceased to make his taste buds sing.

"It has a wonderful flavor to it. I appreciate you making us dinner." Amity politely smiled at him.

"Dad's cooking is always amazing, full of flavor and love." Willow giggled.

Mr. P smiled at all the compliments. "Thank you all so much for your kind words. I'm glad you kids enjoy my food."

"I agree with the kids; your food is quite delightful. Mind if I take some leftovers home?" Eda asked.