Chapter Five

WARNING- Domestic abuse ahead!!! (And Some suicidal thoughts)

Boscha stared into the furious dark blue eyes before here. Her breathing was ragged. She was terrified of the man that held her up.

"You already ruined our family name!" Her father screamed. "What more do you need to do, you useless bitch!" The words cut through the young witch's heart.

She had heard him call her nearly every horrible name possible, but that didn't make it hurt any less. Tears once again threatened to fall.

"I haven't even given you something to cry about." His voice was deep, nearly demonic.

"Plea-" Boscha couldn't get a single word out before she was slammed to the floor.

The wind was knocked out of her. She gasped for air and tried to steady her breathing. Her father placed his foot upon her chest. He pressed down, making it harder for her to breathe.

He glared down at his daughter as tears fell from her eyes. He stepped off her chest.

"Get up." He demanded.

Boscha stood, trying to ignore the searing pain from the multitude of cuts across her body.

Her father approached her, and she had an instinct she wished she hadn't followed.

She ran.

She went around her father swiftly and through her door. However, once she got downstairs, her mother grabbed her by her hair and yanked her back.

The tears fell quickly from her eyes. She heard her father's footsteps descend the stairs slowly.

Her heart hammered. The door was right there. If she could get her mother off of her, she could run away! However, she also wouldn't have a place to go. Her parents would be waiting for her to return, and she had no friends she could run to.

Her father finally made it to the end of the stairs. Her mother released her hair, and her father immediately grabbed her by the throat and lifted her off the floor.

"Where did you think you were going?"

Boscha didn't respond. The only thing she knew was she was going to go anywhere to get away from her parents.

"I asked a question! I expect a response." He tightened his grip on her throat. "Where did you think you were going?!"

"A-anywhere to get away from you!" She yelled, kicking her father in the face. Her father dropped her, and her mother grabbed her before slapping her across the face.

"You disgraceful child! You do not hurt your parents!"

"Well, parents aren't supposed to beat their children!" Boscha screamed before bursting into tears.

Her mother's hand went across her face again. "No, don't speak back to me."

"Just shut up, Boscha. Damn it, you're making this worse. Just accept whatever punishment they have for you. You've done it every other time; you can do it now too."

She said nothing else. She fixated her eyes on the floor. She didn't dare look at either of her parents.

Her father grabbed her chin harshly and turned her head to face him. His nails dug into her skin.

"Are you done avoiding punishment?" He growled.

Boscha nodded the best she could. Her mother pulled her forward before slamming her back into the wall.

"Where are your manners. Respond to him properly."

She looked into her father's dark eyes and opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out.