Chapter Fifteen

Willow woke up before her alarm like she did nearly every morning. She turned it off before it could start barking at her to get up and get ready.

She began to get ready for the day ahead. Once she was dressed in her uniform, she went downstairs to make sure Boscha was awake. However, her friend wasn't there.

>Earlier<

Mr. Park walked out of his room. He looked over to see Boscha. They locked eyes.

"G-good morning, Mr. Park." The student greeted him nervously.

"Good morning." He said, walking into the kitchen. "You're up early."

"Yeah..." She had spoken so quietly that Mr. Park barely heard her.

"You didn't sleep at all, did you?" He questioned.

"No, I-I didn't." The girl admitted.

Mr. Park began to fix two mugs of a strange drink. He put a few droplets of a potion in each drink then carried them over to the couch.

"What is that?" Boscha asks, pointing to the mugs.

"A drink, it'll give you more energy, but it will only give you a small boost." He told her, extending one of the mugs for her to take.

He sat down on the opposite side of the couch. The two of them drank their drinks silently.

Ten minutes later, both mugs were empty. Mr. Park took both of them and rinsed them out.

"Would you like to accompany me to the market?" He asked as he walked back over to her.

"Uh, y-yeah, s-sure." She stuttered.

"Let's go then." He grabs a basket and walks over to the door.

Boscha gets up and follows the man. They both walk out of the house quietly.

When they arrive at the market, it's pretty busy. Some people look at them strangely when they see them. No one was sure how to react. Mr. Park was a nice guy, and he was walking around with a rich bitch.

Perhaps he hadn't kept up with the media and is following the girl around out of admiration. However, any logical person could tell that wasn't the case.

Boscha was following the man. Anyone could easily see she was nervous.

Mr. Park stops at one of the stands and buys some fruits. They go to all different stands, buying foods, herbs, and a few other things.

Boscha stops at a stand selling plants as a little orange and black pumpkin-like plant makes a small noise. The plant had a mouth and eyes. The leaves, though alive, were completely black.

"What the heck is this?" She asked as she examined the creature.

"A demon pumpkin. They're nice plants if you know to take care of it properly." Mr. Park stated.

"Have you ever had one?" Boscha asked.

"I had one when I was a kid. We bought one for Willow when she was younger, but the poor thing got sick and withered away." He sighed.

"It's cute." Boscha looked up at the person behind the stand. "How much is this little guy?"

"I'm not going to sell it to you; You'd probably let it wither away in your closet." The guy huffed angrily.

She looked down at the little demon pumpkin. She wanted it so badly for some reason.

"I wouldn't do that!"