Chapter Forty-Four

It was a lovely Saturday morning. The four occupants of the Park household were seated at the table eating breakfast and chatting happily.

Mr. P was the first to finish, but he remained at the table, talking to his family. 

Boscha was the second to finish. Once her food was gone, she excused herself from the table. 

The moment the pink-haired witch left, both men turned to Willow. Charles had a knowing smirk while Frank had a devilish grin. 

"So... when is she becoming Boscha Park exactly?" Willow's dark-skinned father questioned. 

It took a second for Willow to process what her father had said. Once she did, she began to blush.

"Dad! She- I- We're not even dating!"

"Yet." Her light-skinned father adds.

She blushes more and looks away from her dads.

Both men chuckle at their daughter's reaction.

"What are you guys talking about?" Boscha questioned as she came back into the room.

Willow turns to her quickly. "Nothing really! Hey, are you going somewhere? You seem ready to go out into town." She asks as she sees Boscha's outfit.

"Um... I wanted to go to the library..." 

"Why?"

"Um... to get... books?" 

Willow rolls her eyes. "I figured that much. What kind of books are you looking for?" 

"Whatever catches my eye." 

"Cool, can I come with you?" 

"Um... I- Well... I wanted to go... alone..." Boscha looked off to the side, knowing none of them would like the idea. 

"Alone? You're not going with anyone?" Willow asked with slight concern. 

"Uh... well... I- is there something wrong with that?" She questions, looking back at her friend. 

"Well... yes! There actually is!" The plant witch responded. 

"What's wr-wrong wi-" "Everything! There is literally nothing good about the fact you're going somewhere alone!" 

"Willow, it's okay. Let her go to the library on her own." Charles told his daughter. 

"You're okay with this?!" Willow questioned her father. 

Boscha was slowly backing away from them, uncertain of what was going to happen next. 

"You came home alone yesterday! What happened then? Nothing good I can tell you that! You ran off into the woods alone! What happened? You got hurt! Every time you have been on your own, something bad happens! Mental breakdown, self-harm, or trying to kill yourself!" 

The three-eyed witch looks down. 

"I thought y'all left me yesterday... when I ran into the woods, I was remembering my past because it was brought up... I hurt myself when I was locked in a room, but I held on to life... When I tried to kill myself..." Boscha looks up at Willow, anger flaring in her eyes. "When I tried to kill myself I was completely alone! I didn't have anyone waiting for me anywhere! My home wasn't safe, and school wasn't safe! I didn't have Relus! I didn't have you! The only things I did have were bullies and abusive parents!" 

Willow looked off to the side, feeling guilty.

"Both of you need to calm down." Mr. P stepped in.