Chapter Thirty-Two

Willow had gotten ready and come back into her room. She looked over at her clock, noticing there was a good two hours until they had to head to school.

"Why did you guys come so early?" She questioned her friends.

"So we could hang out!" Luz exclaimed happily.

"Yeah, Boscha isn't going to be at school with us, so we figured it would be better to spend time with her before school!" Gus added in.

"That makes sense." The plant witch smiled. "So... What do you guys want to do?"

"It doesn't really matter. Hey, Boscha, what do you want to do?" Luz asked, turning to her friend.

"Whatever is fine." She responded with a smile.

For the next hour and a half, the five friends talked about anything they could think of. No one brought up the previous day or what they had walked in on.

They noticed that Boscha shied away from speaking and didn't laugh when they all did, but no one brought that up either. They didn't want to upset her further by trying to pry.

They had thirty minutes until they all had to head out the door. There was a knock on the door.

Willow, assuming it was one of her dads, spoke, "Come in!"

The door opened, and a woman walked in. She had on a white blouse with a pocket on the left side. Upon this pocket was the signature healing coven mark.

"Good morning, children." She smiled warmly. "I am here to examine, Boscha. Which one of you witchlings is she?"

The student she was searching for attempted to hide, but the action only made the woman know that she was Boscha. The doctor's gentle blue eyes landed upon the nervous potion witch.

"You must be her. Well, good morning Boscha. I am Dr. Alaunus."

The three-eyed witch seemed to be unable to speak. She swallowed hard and nodded in response.

There was a noticeable change in the doctor's eyes. It became a little less gentle.

Had she annoyed her by not speaking? Boscha remembered that her father would beat her for not responding vocally.

She swallowed again, forcing her mouth open. "I- uh, g-good morning, Dr. Ala-Alaunus."

The doctor furrowed her brow slightly. She examined the young witch before her.

"Patient is clearly traumatized. Her third eye has a scar. No doubt she can't see out of it. She definitely needs more than a healer..." Alaunus internally sighed.

"Alright, Boscha, According to Mr. Park, you have an issue with your back and ribs?"

She noticed as the four other students in the room slightly glared at her. She nodded, knowing something had definitely happened, and they didn't want her to bring it forward.

"I am here as a doctor. My job is to examine your injuries, Boscha, so I need you to cooperate with me, okay?"

"I- I understand."

Dr. Alaunus approached the three-eyed witch. She stopped as the young witch pushed herself back on the bed. She pressed herself up against the wall, trying desperately to get away from the older woman.

"Can you walk?" She asked her.

"Y-Yes M-Ma'am," Was the stuttered response.

"You can nod or shake your head if it'll make you more comfortable." She assured the younger witch.