Chapter Forty-Two

The class passed by far too slowly for the three-eyed witch. Her thoughts were primarily on Willow, which she didn't mind. Except she did... She hadn't paid any attention to the lesson. She shook her head to get rid of all her thoughts about the plant witch, knowing she needed to pay attention, even if just for a minute.

She looked up to the front of the classroom just as the bell screamed that class was over.

"Don't forget! Your projects are due by next week on Thursday. Be prepared to present Friday!"

Boscha paled slightly as she heard her teacher's words.

'Shit! What project! What are we supposed to be doing?!?!' She was mentally panicking.

She was snapped out of her thoughts when a journal was slid onto her desk. She looked up to see three students, one she recognized as the witch who had helped heal her when she was rescued from her parents.

"Hey, you okay?" Viney questioned her with concern evident in her voice.

Boscha debated for a moment if she should speak the truth or not. She decided it would be best to wave off their concern.

"Y-yeah, I-" "Don't you dare say it." Viney sighed.

"Uh... Say... what... exactly?" The three-eyed witch shrunk in her seat.

"That you're fine! Barcus told us that you weren't paying attention and that you seemed lost in thought. Now you almost seemed to be on the verge of a panic attack! You still wanna tell us you're fine?"

"I am fine! I just... missed everything the teacher said about this... uh... project we have."

Barcus barked at her happily as he scooted the journal closer.

"The details of the project are in the journal. Along with the other notes that were taken during this class." Jerbo stated.

Boscha looked at the journal skeptically. There had to be some sort of catch. No one in this school, aside from her seven friends, would want to help her... or maybe they would.

"So... what's the catch?" The three-eyed witch hesitantly asked.

"There is no ca-" "The catch is you have to hang out with us!" Viney interrupted Jerbo.

"Hang out with you guys?" Again, she was still skeptical, but she was also hopeful.

Perhaps she would make more friends, but she was also nervous... she didn't want to mess things up.

"Yeah! I don't mean right now, but we can hang out this weekend or something." The multi-track witch smiled.

"Um... You... actually want to... hang out... with me?"

Viney looked into those gray-blue orbs. She could see the hope, the pain, the distrust, and the slight fear that was held within them.

"Of course we do. We want to get to know the real you." She smiled at the potion witch.

"O-Okay." She offers a small smile back.

"Great! When do you wanna hang out?"

"Whenever the best time is for you three." She smiled.

"Then how about now?" Viney questions.

"Now?"

"Yeah, it's the last class of the day! We can hang out with you now then head home for the day!" She responded with a smile.

"Uh, sure... Let me text my other friends real fast." The three-eyed witch responded nervously.

She sent a quick message to Willow.