Chapter eighteen

Boscha groaned slightly. She was half awake and didn't want to wake up fully. She wanted to stay where she was forever, wrapped in this welcoming warmth. She snuggled closer to the witch that held her.

"Good morning." Willow giggled as she stroked her friend's hair.

"No," Was the only response she got from the girl in her arms.

The plant witch chuckled slightly. "We need to get ready." She spoke softly, attempting to get up.

She was stopped by the other girl grabbing her tunic, which wasn't removed the night prior. In fact, neither girl had changed before they went to bed.

Willow looked down into blue-gray eyes that pleaded for her to stay.

The plant witch looked over at her alarm. In thirty minutes, it would begin barking at them to leave their bed and get ready.

It had been quite a few years since she's heard it's obnoxious barking. She'd always woken up before it and turned the thing off before it could start.

"Thirty minutes." Willow sighed with slight defeat.

Boscha held her arms out to the plant witch, a childish smile on her face.

With a playful eye roll, Willow crawled back into bed with her friend.

Neither of the girls rested their eyes. They lay there, awake, just holding each other close. They didn't speak as they enjoyed the warmth the other provided.

The minutes passed by far too fast for the two of them. The barking of the alarm broke through the air. Had the noise not been so loud and obnoxious, they would have continued to lay there and let the noise pass.

However, neither of them could stand the ear-raping noise the vile creature produced, so they got out of bed and shut it off.

They both got ready for the day ahead. They fed Relus and gave him affection. Willow made them a simple breakfast, making sure the pink-haired witch ate it.

Once their plates were empty, the two girls headed to school. They walked into the greenhouse and began to tend to all the plants.

After a solid thirty minutes of tending to plants, the other three friends came to the greenhouse. They helped finish up what still needed to be done, then they talked about whatever.

The scream of the school bell sent them to class. Amity waved goodbye as she hurried to class. The other four made it to their class, taking their respective seats.

Boscha looked over to the two girls beside her, Skara and Amelia. She hadn't yet apologized for her actions when they were friends or the time she shoved Skara against the wall.

The teacher wasn't there yet. "Here goes nothing."

"Hey, Skara, Amelia." The former captain greeted them with a small, warm smile.

They both turned to her, slightly surprised at her friendly greeting.

"Um, Hey, Boscha." Skara smiled back slightly.

"How have you two been?" She asked, not wanting to immediately start with a sorry.

"I- I've been good."

"Yeah, so have I."

Boscha could tell they were both rather uncomfortable talking to her. She sighed.

"Look, I can't make up for the poor way I treated you two or the whole team for that matter," She started, "However, I can try to make things better. I... I want to tell both of you that... I'm sorry."