Chapter 15*-Trip with the Riddles

I wake up to her being in my arms. I slowly leave, writing her a note.

Dear Ruby,

Last night was amazing, but I have a trip to go on. See you soon.

A.M.

I drop a few tears before leaving. I go to my dorm, change, fix my makeup and pack my bags. In about two hours, I hear a knock.

,, Come in. " I reply, still being on the floor, packing.

As the door to my dorm opens, I take a quick glance at the silhouette. My eyes water quickly, but I pull myself together and fix my gaze on the clothes I need to pack.

,, I-I can help if you want. " He says, rushing down to help me.

,, No, it's fine. Thanks. " I say as I slightly push him away.

He gently caresses my arms, but I feel him run over my cuts. I quickly snatch my hand away, covering my cuts with the furry coat from yesterday and flinching a little. I start shaking slightly and my heart beat fastens.

He looks at me with a confused look as I go back to folding clothes.

,,Why'd you flinch ? " He looks suspiciously at me.

I stayed silent.

,, Alexis, why did you flinch ? " He asks again, but our conversation gets interrupted by my phone ringing.

,, Hey mom, what's up ? " I ask with a slightly shaking voice, but I come back to my sense.

,, We are by the entrance, you can bring your bags when you're ready. " She says calmly.

,, We'll be there in a minute. " I say and hang up.

,, They're waiting. Let's go. " I say numbly as I close all my trunks.

I mumble the charm to cover my cuts as he replies.

,, Not until you tell me what happened. " He says as we both stand up.

I ignore his comment and pick up my two big trunks, along with two little bags. He helps me with my baggages and caries his to the car.

,, My little girl. " My mom hugs me tightly as I do the same.

,, Hey mom, hey dad. " I smile, hiding my emotions, but Mattheo didn't take his eyes off of me.

,, Hey, kid. " My dad hugs me, schetching a smile. "

After all the preparations, we finally manage to get on the road. My mom insisted we take the car, since she wanted all of us to spend time together.

,, Your parents and brother are already waiting for us there. " My mom says to Mattheo as he nods and smiles.

Mattheo kept his eyes on me the whole trip, studying my every move closely, but I tried to pay as less attention to him as I could, knowing he could read me like and open book.

I was sitting next to Mattheo in the back seat, my parents sitting in the front. After a couple minutes, my pupils started to feel heavy. I slowly close my eyes as my head falls onto his shoulder.

I feel him flinch slightly, but then he starts to run a hand thru my hair as I slowly drift into sleep. I smiled to myself for a second, missing the fact that we haven't been like this for days.

I fall asleep on his shoulder. This was going to be a long trip with a lot going on. I just hope I can get past it without anyone realising what's going on with me.

A few hours went by and we finally get there. My parents booked a trip in the woods, renting a cabin for all 7 of us. It wasn't much, but it was perfect for the occasion. We unpack everything and me, Tom and Theo decided to go on a hike together to explore the nearby woods.