Chapter 23-Back home... or not really

After what seemed like hours, I finally wake up to being still in Mattheo's arms and all of our friends, except Blaise, were sitting on the chairs next to us.

I slowly and gently get up from Mattheo's lap, trying not to wake him up too. Everyone was asleep. I take my wand out and go to the nearest bathroom. This was a muggle hospital after all, we can't be exposed.

I look in the mirror. God damn it, I looked so scared and tired. My best friend was shot and is currently in the hospital, I'm worried about my family and friends that are still at Hogwarts.

I get my wand out and spawn my phone from wherever I left it and I look at the time. I knew that the sun was out a long time ago, but I didn't expect it to be almost 2 am. No wonder everyone is sleeping.

I jump slightly as a pear of hands wrap around my waist gently.

,, What's making you so worried, Alexis ? " His deep voice asks.

,, Luke, get your hands off me ! Do you know what Mattheo would do if he sees us ? " I say, trying to take his hands off me.

,, Hey, hey, calm down. He's asleep. You don't wanna wake him up, do you ? " He says, pinning my hands to the sink, pushing himself into me more.

,, Matth- " I try to scream, but he covers my mouth with one hand, holding both of my hands with his other hand.

,, I said calm down. Before I make you. " He whispers thru gritted teeth.

My breathing became heavy and unsteady, my eyes were wide, searching the bathroom for something to use against him. Then I remember. My wand. It's still in my back pocket.

I haven't taken it out yet.

,, If you're not going to scream, I can let you go, alright ? " He says as I nod.

,, Alright. " He slowly lets me go.

As soon as my hands are free, I grab my wand and fire a spell at him, which he doged and pushes me into the sink with a different one.

I could see the door I wished Mattheo would come thru. I was unable to move.

,, I told you. Be. Quiet. Or else I'll make you. " He says, getting closer, lifting my chin up with his wand.

As I look at the door again, I see Mattheo standing there. He was relying on the door frame, arms crossed and jaw clenched like never before. He was waiting for the perfect moment.

,, Let me go. " I say thru gritted teeth.

,, No. You'll do what I say now. " He says.

,, Bite me, bitch. " I sketch the most of a smirk as I could.

He hits me and breaks the spell, making me fall to the ground. Then he does. Unconcious. It wasn't a big fight, maybe because of Mattheo's build-up anger.

He ran over to me after giving Luke one last punch straight in the face.

,, Alexis, are you ok ? What hurts ? Tell me. " He says, his hands searching my body for any sign of injury.

,, Mattheo, look at me. " I say as I cup his face, before continuing ,, I'm fine. Just a little bruise. " I smile painfully as his right hand brushes slowly against my right cheek, where Luke punched me.

,, I'm gonna kill him, I swear. He already touched you. And what usually bothers me is when someone just touches what's mine. He hit you, Alexis. I can't live with the thought that I couldn't protect you. " He says, looking me in the eyes.

,, And I agree with you, you have every right to beat the shit out of him. But we're in a muggle hospital, who knows how far away from Hogwarts. Let's just wait until we get home, alright ? Just until things settle down a bit. " I say, searching his expression for any sign of agreement.

,, Fine. But if he touches you again, I don't care where the fuck we are, I'm making sure his mom won't recognize him when he gets home. If he gets home. " He says, clenching his teeth.

,, Deal. " I smile as I brush his cheek gently.

,, What the hell happened in here ? " Pansy and Chloe say as they approach us.

,, Long story. Have you got any news on Blaise ? " Mattheo says as we get up and walk towards them.

,, Yeah, the nurse just woke us up. " Chloe says.

,, And ? What did she say ? " I ask, searching their faces for any kind of hint.

All they did was look at each other, then down to the floor.

,, Well ??? " Mattheo asks, raising his voice, making Chloe and Pansy jump.

,, He umm... he's in a coma. " Pansy mumbles under her breath.

,, Sorry, what ? I didn't hear what you said, could you please say it again ? " I say.

There was a long moment of silence, which I break.

,, Goddamnit, just say it ! " I shout.

,, I said he's in a coma ! " Pansy yells back.

My heart stopped. My breathing quickens and the room started spinning. My best friend is in a coma. I have no idea when he'll wake up, if he'll wake up. There's even a chance he might die.

,, Can you guys give me a minute ? " I say in the most usual tone I could.

,, Alexis, I- " Pansy says.

,, I'm fine. I just need a moment. " I reply.

They all nod. As they all leave the bathroom, including Luke who Mattheo insisted he dragged out, I go straight for the sink.

I turn it on and change the warm water to the coldest it could get. I fill my fists with it and splash my face. Then I do it again. And again. And again. And again. By now, all you could hear was the running faucet.

I rest my hands on the sides of the sink and look up at myself in the mirror. I take my shirt off because it was getting hard to breathe. I started crying. I didn't know what else to do.

All of a sudden, a pair of hands wrapped around my waist again. But this time, the hands were soft. I could tell it was Mattheo this time. I lean into his touch and continue quietly sobbing.

,, It's ok. I'm here. You're safe. " He turns me around and rests my head into his chest.

He gently caresses my hair, then cups my face and makes me look up at him.

,, It's gonna be ok, alright ? Do you hear me ? It's all going to pass and he's going to be just fine, alright ? " He says, looking into my red and teary eyes.

I simply nod and he goes back to holding me tightly.

Hi guys ! Another chapter finished for you. This one didn't end so sudden, but it didn't end very well either. I hope you liked this chapter and I hope you are all doing good. If not, feel free to text me anytime. Love you guys <3