First shift

Merediths POV:
I was woke up at 5am by my alarm screaming at me to get up. I hit it and rolled out of bed. I put on a sweatshirt since it was cold and walked out my room, the first thing I saw was caitlyn standing in the hall looking very pissed.

"Shit my alarm woke you. I'm so sorry" I said to her

"Yeah mom it did. You need to get a quieter alarm"

"Okay whatever. you want coffee?"caitlyn had a unhealthy obsession with coffee just like me.

"No I'm going back to sleep, please try be quiet" she said as she stumbled back into her room.

I walked into the kitchen got my morning coffee and started getting ready for the day.

Before I left I went into Caitlyn's room to see if she really was going back to sleep. As I walked in I heard her little snores, I loved her snores they were so cute, they reminded me of when she was a baby. I walked up to her and kissed her forehead.

I walked into Seattle grace hospital for the first time in over 20 years, 'god the place hasn't changed' I thought to myself.

"Meredith!" I heard a familiar voice call.

"Adele?" I wasn't sure if it was her but as she walked closer I knew it was her. The woman who looked after me on countless occasions when my mom never bothered to come home.

"Meredith you grew up!"

"Yeah I did"

"What are you doing in Seattle I thought you lived in Maine or something"

"Boston, but I've moved back to finish my residency here. It's a better program."

"Your a surgeon?"

"Yep about to start my 3rd year of residency"

"Oh wow. You'll make and excellent surge-"

"Adele what are you doing here" a small woman approached us and cut Adele off.

"Miranda I was looking for my husband when I bumped I'm to Meredith. You know I used to look after her when she was a little girl"

"Oh Meredith as in the new 3rd year resident" the woman said

"Yeah"

"Nice to meet you, I'm Dr Miranda Bailey" she said as she put her hand out for me to shake

"Nice to meet you too, Dr Meredith grey but you already knew that" I laughed awkwardly and shook her hand.

She was just smiling at me funny. "Well I should go talk to the chief now I'll see you around" I said as I walked away.

I made my way up into the chiefs office.

"Meredith grey, what has it been 20 years" Richard Webber said smiling

"Something like that sir"

We were talking about the program and how things work in this hospital. He asked what specialty I was into and other things like that.

He brought me to the residents lounge and introduced me to the other 3rd year residents. Dr Cristina yang, Dr Alex Karev, Dr George O'Malley and Dr izzie stevens. They all seemed like really nice people.

We made small talk about what specialty we wanted to do.

"So Meredith grey are u related to Ellis grey in any way" Cristina asked very loud.

"Erm yeah actually she's my mom" I said quietly.

"Omg Ellis greys your mom" George and Izzie said at the same time.

"I wish Ellis grey was my mom. God she's an amazing surgeon" Alex joined in.

"Yeah she is an amazing surgeon, wasn't a very good mother though" I look down at my hands.

"What?" Izzie asked interested

"Oh nothing" I said back not wanting to get into my family life.

"So are you seeing anyone" Alex asked me very abruptly.

"ALEX" Izzie half shouted

"What she's hot"

"Alex she's been here two minutes and you are already trying to get in bed with her. Like she's even sleep with you anyway she's not a slut" Cristina said laughing.

My face goes red. I did used to be a slut that's how I ended up have a kid at 15, I sleep around quite a lot.

"Guys shut up ur embarrassing her" George says

I just smile at him knowing we will be good friends.

"So where are u staying" izzie asked

"My moms old house"

"I bet Ellis greys old house is huge" Alex says

"Yeah kinda I don't know how I'm going to afford it. I might get roommates or something because I have 2 spare rooms"

"Well I need somewhere to live" Izzie and George both say.

"No offence guys but I'll need to see you all day, every day. I don't really want to have to go home to you too" I half lied the real reason I didnt want them to move in is because of caitlyn. I don't want to be bring random people in the the house and say 'oh yeah caitlyn these are our new roommates' not that she would even mind but still. I also didn't want the other residents for think I'm a slut for have a teenage daughter.

All of a sudden all our pages went off '911 to the er' it read. We all ran off.
When we got there we all went our separate ways and did our medical thing.

I don't know anything to do with medicine except the stuff on greys. Guys I think the next chapter derek and Meredith will meet.