Labour pt.2

Merediths POV:
God Cristina is right, this is not the time to be in labour. My moms upstairs dying, my daughter is running around the hospital checking on me then my mom.

Addison came back in and checked how dilated I was. "Ok Meredith your at 10cm, when the next contraction come I want you to-" she didn't get time to finish because my next contraction came so I pushed.

"Ahhhhh, DEREK WE ARE NEVER HAVING SEXS AGAIN" I screamed as I pushed.

"What" he said.

I kept pushing until at 5:48pm my little baby girl was born.

Addison cleaned her off and brought her up to me. "She's adorable" I said.

Derek kissed my head "yeah, she is"

"Do we have a name yet?" Addison asked.

We both shook our heads not even bothering to look up at her, to invested in our baby. I completely forgot about caitlyn "tell someone to get caitlyn" I said to Derek.

Caitlyn walked in crying "no" I said knowing what's happened.

She nodded "5:48pm" she said. She walked up to the bed Derek hugged her and whipped her tears away.

"She so cute" caitlyn said as she held her hand "do you have a name"

I shook my head "why not ellie, to honour grandma" caitlyn suggested.

"I love it" I said. Derek nodded in agreement.

"Ellie grey-shepherd" Derek said.

So the day my daughter was born is the day my mom died. I don't know wether to be happy or sad.

I decided I should probably call Jess and tell her I had the baby, we haven't spoken in a few months but I thought it would be best if I told her and not some random social media post that caitlyn will probably end up posting.

I picked up my phone and it rang, as I was about to give up she answered.

"Hey" she said.

"I have good news and bad new what one do you want first?" I really hoped she picked the bad new.

"The bad"

"Well my mom just died" I said.

"WHAT" she shouted into the phone. I don't know why but I started laughing.

"And the good news is, ellie grey-shepherd was born at 5:48pm today" the smile on my face started to hurt.

"OMG! I know we haven't spoken much but, I'm coming to Seattle and I'm going to ask if Georgia wants to come. I need to meet Derek, the baby and this Cristina girl that apparently is 'your person'" I laughed a bit, but the Georgia thing ruined it. Caitlyn and Georgia haven't spoken in months, I didn't even think caitlyn told her I was pregnant.

"I'll text you when I'm coming but I gotta go. Love you bye" she hung up. Now I had to tell caitlyn Georgia was coming.

I decided to wait a while because over the next few hours everyone from the hospital will be in and out to meet the new edition to the grey-shepherd family.

I was right after an hour of just looking at my baby a bunch of nurses came in to see her. They gave me a big hamper of baby stuff, we thanked them and they left.

Ellie was asleep when the nurses came in but now she's starting to wake up, when she woke up fully she started crying.

"She's probably hungry, that's what Caitlyn's hungry cry sounded like" I said.