The date

Sorry this is kinda out late, I've been at gymnastics all day.

Caitlyn's POV:
It's been a week since max asked me out, and tonight we were finally going. I told him nothing big so we agreed on a movie.

He was getting dropped off at my house and my mom was taking us, since we couldn't drive yet.

I started getting ready at 6, I put on light blue ripped mom jeans and a light pink crop top. I curled my hair and did a little makeup.

I was done getting ready at 7 and he wasn't coming till 7:30. I went downstairs to grab a snack and my mom and Derek were on the couch with Ellie. I said hey but they just ignored me.

I walked past into the kitchen and Lexie was in there. "You look so pretty" Lexie said.

"Thank you" I smiled, my mom ignoring me actually got to me. Maybe she didn't hear me or something.

I got a small bag of chips and ate them, I put in a bit of gum so my breathe wouldn't stink.

I walked back out the kitchen said hey to my mom again, and she still ignored me. I was half way up the stairs when the door bell rang. It was max I didn't even realise the time.

I invited him in.

"Mom are you ready to take us?" I asked.

"Take you where?" She didn't even look at me.

"Erm the movies"

"Sorry I can't" she said.

"Well who's going to take us?" I asked annoyed.

"I'll take you" Lexie said as she walked out the kitchen "come on"

We walked out to the car, me and max sat in the back. "Just ignore your mom, she's tired" Lexie said.

"Yeah whatever" she wasn't tired, well she was but she was ignoring me because she loves her new daughter more.

Max smiled sympathetically at me.

We got to the movies 15 minutes later, we got out the car and told Lexie to come get us in 2 hours.

We walked in bought our tickets, food and drinks and went in.

Around a quarter into the movie max out his arm around me, I lay my head on his shoulder. I was happy with him.

The movie finished and we walked out we didn't finish the popcorn so we were still eating it while walking out.

Lexie was waiting outside for us, we got in the car.

"How was the movie?" She asked.

"Good" we said at the same time.

I put my head back on his shoulder and he played with my hair.

We got home and lexie went in leaving me and max standing outside together.

We just looked at each other, smiling.

"I had fun tonight" he said.

"Yeah me too" I smiled back at him.

He came closer to me and put his hand on my cheek, we kissed. It got quite passionate until the door opened.

We pulled apart quickly and looked at who opened the door, it was derek. He dragged me inside before I could say goodbye to max.

"What the fuck Derek" I said.

"language" my mom said from the couch.

"Oh so now your not ignoring me" I said.

"What are you doing kissing boys?" Derek asked.

"That's what you do on a date" I stormed upstairs to call max.

He answered straight away "I'm so sorry max" I said.

"No it's ok. Look I got to go my moms here, I'll see you tomorrow bye"

He hung up 'shit Derek blew it' I was so pissed off.

I started getting ready for bed when my mom walked in "what did you mean by 'now you not ignoring me'?" She asked.

"It doesn't matter mom" I said not looked at her.

"No tell me" she walked over to my bed.

"It's nothing honestly"

"Well it's clearly something" she was bugging me.

"Before I left I said hi twice and you just ignored me, and you promised yesterday you would take me tonight then just said you couldn't with no reason"

"I'm sorry" she said. Is that really all she has to say.

"Whatever mom, I'm tired can you leave" she walked out.

I just went to sleep.

Short chapter because I didn't know what to do for the date. Also someone wanted mer to ignore caitlyn a bit because of the new baby, I'm doing more on it too. This was just kinda a filler chapter.