Labor

One of my favourite dempeo fanfics has over took me on the merder tag. Kinda pissed lol

Merediths POV:
I was about to go into surgery when I got a phone call, it was from the home my mom was in.

"Hello" I said.

"Is this Meredith grey?" The person on the phone said.

"It is"

"Your mom had a heart attack she's going to the hospital can you meet us there"

"Yeah what hospital?"

"Mercy west" they replied.

"No, bring her to Seattle grace. I'm already here" I said.

They agreed, Bailey let me out of surgery to go deal with my mom. I paged Derek and explained everything that happened.

"Can you phone Caitlyn's school and go get her?" I asked.

"Sure" he kissed my cheek and ran off the call Caitlyn's school.

Caitlyn's POV:
"Can caitlyn grey please come to the main office" the tannoy said.

My face went bright red as everyone in the class looked at me. I was confused I haven't done anything to get me in trouble. I got my stuff and walked to the office.

When I arrived I saw Derek, he ran up to me.

"What's going on, is mom in labour or something" I thought it might have been something to do with my mom because she's due in a week so she can pop at anytime.

"No it's Ellis" he paused "she's had a heart attack. I'm taking you to the hospital"

My eyes started to water, I was never close with my grandma but it doesn't mean I won't get upset when she might die.

Derek pulled me into a hug and we walked out to the car. Derek drove over the speed limit the entire time, It was fun.

When we got there Richard came up to us "she's in room 1125" we ran up together.

My mom was waiting outside the room, as my grandma was still unconscious. She saw me and hugged me.

"Mom are you ok?" I asked.

"Yeah are you?"

"Bit embarrassed but yeah I'm ok" I said smiling.

"Why are you embarrassed?" She questioned me.

"The tannoy called me down to the office in front of the whole school. Everyone was looking at me"

My mom and derek started laughing. "Caitlyn" we heard a groggy voice say from in the room.

We all turned and looked at Ellis. I ran in "grandma you remember me?"

"Of course I remember you. Wow you look old" she laughed.

Merediths POV:
My mom just woke up and was lucid.
I didn't know what to feel. I heard laughing coming from my moms room. Although Ellis was a awful mother, she wasn't that bad of a grandmother.

Her and caitlyn were talking about something, I didn't know what because I didn't want to go in the room. I was standing outside with Derek when I heard the monitor in the room rapidly beeping. She was crashing.

"MOM" caitlyn screamed.

"WE NEED A CRASH-CART" I shouted and waddled into the room to drag caitlyn out.

She started crying when I got her out the room "is she going to die" she asked.

"I don't know baby" I said to her as I kissed her head. Derek came over and joined the hug.