I want to build us a house

Dereks POV:
Meredith is coming home today with the kids. I've missed her so much and can't wait to hug her again if she'll let me, I also have a little surprise for her.

Since we are having another baby we need a bigger house, I've had land in Seattle for nearly 6 years now and haven't done anything with it. But now I know what I want to do with it.

I want to build us a house.

I've already had the plans drawn up and I can't wait to show her them. I'm a little worried she won't want to do it because of the recent events.

A couple hours later it's time to go pick them up at the airport. I arrive just in time and see caitlyn running up to my with Ellie in her arms while Mer carries all the bags. Caitlyn hugs me and I kiss her and Ellie.

"I've miss you" she said.

"I've miss you too" I said before walking over to help Meredith.

"You could have helped your mom caitlyn" I laughed.

"I offered and she said no"

As I got to her she dropped all the bags and wrapped her arms around my neck "I'm never doing that again"

I laughed "what, travelling alone with the kids"

She nodded "I missed you Derek"

"I missed you too"

She looked up at me and kissed me passionately "am I forgiven?" I asked.

"Mmm a little" she giggled.

"Oh I have a surprise for you when you get home"

"No Derek you know I hate surprises. What does it involve?" She moaned.

"Our family, don't worry you'll love it. I hope"

She grabbed my hand as I took the bags. I was a little surprised but wasn't complaining.

We walked over to caitlyn who was sitting on a bench bobbing Ellie up and down on her knee.

"Come on let's go" I said.

"Can you drop me off at Max's on the way home?" She asked.

I looked over to Mer and she nodded her head "of course"

"Can I stay the night?"

"Your pushing it" I paused and looked at Mer again who was smiling "but ok"

"I'll bring stuff over for you later" Mer said.

"No it's ok, I have clothes over there anyway"

"Ok"

We walked out one big happy family. I'm happy Mer has already started to forgive me, but I feel it will be hard for her seeing April tomorrow at work.

Caitlyns POV:
My mom and Derek just dropped me off and I walked right in the house. I walked into the kitchen and saw grace.

"Hey" I said.

"Caitlyn, I missed you" she came up and hugged me.

"It's only been a week" I giggled.

"Yes but that's to long"

"Is max upstairs?" I asked.

"Yeah go up honey, are you wanting to stay for dinner?"

"What are you having?"

"Spaghetti carbonara"

"Yeah I'll stay. Thank you" I said before walking upstairs.